Is this bad news?? Please help

Jaime

Reaction score
Got my first ultrasound and I was guessing I was 8 weeks but they saw something but nothing of what we expected. A sac and couldn’t make out much more. Is this a miscarriage? They repeated blood work so TBD.

Got my first ultrasound and I was guessing I was 8 weeks but they saw something but nothing of what we expected. A sac and couldn’t make out much more. Is this a miscarriage? They repeated blood work so TBD.
You only saw a sac at 8 weeks?
I think that at 8 weeks, you should at least see a little bean with a heart beat. Maybe you ovulated later than you thought?x

Well that is what she was saying… We did not see what we expect to see. So I am guessing that is bad news that the pregnancy is not progressing

Well that is what she was saying… We did not see what we expect to see. So I am guessing that is bad news that the pregnancy is not progressing
Maybe she's not allowed to voice her opinion without a doctor. Do you have an other appointment soon?

I'm not a doctor nor a professional of any kind but if the only thing you found was a sac, it sounds a bit like a blighted ovum. I really hope you just ovulated early and have miscalculated your weeks, or that the embryo catches up! I'm keeping everything crossed for you hun!x

I'm not a doctor nor a professional of any kind but if the only thing you found was a sac, it sounds a bit like a blighted ovum. I really hope you just ovulated early and have miscalculated your weeks, or that the embryo catches up! I'm keeping everything crossed for you hun!x

What is that

Did they see a baby at all? When i found out i was pregnant i was 8 weeks even though i couldn't see..they told me my baby was there and i was able to read his heart rate with the pregnancy they sent me on their website.

Im hoping the best for you
Thank you. She said it looks like more like 4 weeks which I’m taking isn’t good.

Why wouldny it be? Maybe youre just 4 weeks? If so the baby ia still forming.
I am praying you’re right. But first day of last AF was March 13 for sure. So that would put me @ 8 weeks technically. Believe I ovulated @ about March 30th. I guess I just don’t understand how I could be wrong

How sure are you on your dates?

This happened to me last summer I was supposed to be well into 7 weeks but baby measured 6 and doc told me my dates where off. I was 100% certain I wasn’t. It took another two scans to show that I was right and I’d had a mmc

Push for another scan to see if baby progresses for a week or twos time.

Good luck xxx

When did you get a positive pregnancy test?

How sure are you on your dates?

This happened to me last summer I was supposed to be well into 7 weeks but baby measured 6 and doc told me my dates where off. I was 100% certain I wasn’t. It took another two scans to show that I was right and I’d had a mmc

Push for another scan to see if baby progresses for a week or twos time.

Good luck xxx
Ugh so you ended up having a Mmc?

If you got a positive test a month ago you’d be 7 weeks at the absolute minimum. By then you should see an embryo with a heartbeat. I’m really sorry so say it but if they only saw a sac then it’s not a viable pregnancy. :(

A blighted ovum is when the sac and placenta keeps developing but the embryo doesn't.
What did the blood test say?
May 1 was 8600 which they said was good. Waiting on blood from yesterday

If you got a positive test a month ago you’d be 7 weeks at the absolute minimum. By then you should see an embryo with a heartbeat. I’m really sorry so say it but if they only saw a sac then it’s not a viable pregnancy. :(
Yeah I’m feeling that’s the case

Hugs. Im sorry. I hate all the uncertainty with pregnancy. Those who make it through pregnancy are really lucky.

Life seems so fragile in the womb.
I know. It really is :/ I wanted this baby so much. I hope I at least get good news with the numbers today. But not feeling positive

So my blood came back...HCG went from 8900 to 15000. Just obviously not matching with what they saw. Repeat scan on Monday. Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back