Is this a wives tale?

Pregnopaws

Reaction score
Well girls, I was shocked enough when I found last month that my friend had a baby girl instead of a boy after having a gender scan by the same doctor who also did MY gender scan. He was so wrongggg :wall: So since then despite having more blue stuff than ever, I have kept a bit of an open mind, (can't stop calling it 'he' though since that scan!)

Anyhoo at my latest check up, some midwife was listening to baby on the doppler as per usual, and asked me if I knew the sex and I said, 'yeah well supposedly its a boy,' and she went 'hmm, Really.. if i were to guess i'd say it was a girl!' :eek:

When I asked why she said that in her experience girls tend to be more reactive to prodding and/or their heart rates are faster and tend go a bit erratic with stimulation as did mine when she disturbed him/her! Is this a load of rubbish or what? Has anyone else been told anything similar?I wouldn't have expected a midwife to think that tbh! :think:

The heart rate bit is true - although I can't remember which way round for a girl or a boy - but its not an exact science. It's only a tendency - so I wouldn't worry about it - bit of a stupid thing for your midwife to say really :roll:

it is slower hr for boy faster for girl , mine lil one is always just about the 140 mark if that helps ?

god i bet your even more worried now ?

i cant ait for them to confirm today that he has a winky :rotfl:

i think my babys heartrate was 149bpm and its a girl

My girls heartbeat was 140bpm at my last check and she is VERY responsive to touch! When I had my 3d scan at 29 weeks, every time the sonographer placed the probe onto where she was she wriggled or kicked which the sonographer found hilarious. Nowadays if I stroke my belly she always wriggles.

I don't think it's an exact science tbh. When I was pregnant with Tia I wasn't allowed to know the sex, but a mw said listening to the HB that Tia would be a boy... ooops... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Anyway Pregnopaws.. better for you to have loads of boy things than girl things. You can always put a girl in blue but you can't put a boy in pink... it looks odd :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

When i went in for monitoring last week the baseline was 140bpm with accelerations of up to 165bpm and mines a boy so i dont think its that true

Hi,

I'm 1 week overdue and still not 100% convinced. On our 20 week scan we asked at the hospital and the nurse said she thinks it's a girl but wasn't sure and said don't do any shopping yet.

I then paid £80 for a private scan at 23 weeks and even then they said they think it's a girl but we were not 100% convinced as the baby kept moving and the nurse wasn't sure and had to get a second opinion who just said yes it's a girl.

All my family is saying a boy, last week I went into hospital for an internal and when the nurse went to check the babies heart beat she said "oh he's very active" and me and my o/h just looked at each other.

I've had to stop myself from buying pink clothes so I've stuck to neutral colours.

I suppose I haven't got long to find out then we will see who was right!!!!

I asked my midwife about the myths when I was pregnant with Aidan and she said there's no truth them. Its a 50/50 chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back