Is this a bit weird

ella

Reaction score
My MIL came over the other night and handed me a list of names she likes ????? Now my MIL is lovely and we get on great, she said to David it wasnt to influence us in any way, more to give us ideas. I only liked a couple of names on the list but it still made me feel a little awkward.

I think its nice that she feels comfortable to tell you the names she likes.
:)

I tdoes seem a bit weird to me. I think it's more traditional for you to choose a name... Probably best to smile, say thank you and completely ignore it!

:shock: I think it's weird! If she wanted to help give you ideas she could have given you a baby names book!

That list will come in handy for lighting the fire with me thinks.....

foxred said:
:shock: I think it's weird! If she wanted to help give you ideas she could have given you a baby names book!

Agreed.

My Oh's mum kept ringing up with name ideas that she liked and even if I said I didn't like them she tried to explain why they were good names.

:roll:

I'd say, use it for ideas if you have to but don't feel pressured into picking anything on it. It's your baby after all.

I agree with Nic. She's just trying to help, you said you get on great with her so she's not doing it to be funny/mean. We asked loads of people to suggest names as we just couldn't decide, nothing wierd in that.
She can write down as many as she likes, at the end of the day you will call your baby what you want!

she's obviously just taking a good interest in your pregnancy and getting excited about the new arrival. i think its great and even if you dont like the names just be glad you have a supportive mil xxx

i wouldnt welcome it to be honest :? I like to keep my MIL at arms length as she and the FIL can be EXTREMLEY overbaring and intrusive. I need them to know there place or they try taking everyting over, lol. They used to have a go at me about what school i was sending my daughter to and why didnt i have her name diown and blah blah blah. If i gave them any encouragment theyd go mad :x

But if you get on with your MIL i think its quite a sweet gesture, but id still probably ignore it, lol :rotfl:

When we told my MIL we were calling our baby Aaron James she went on a huge rant about how we should name the baby Micheal after Chris' dad or we should call him Herman after his grandad :shock: I just said thanks but we've already decided! I think sometimes you've gotta be polite but lay down the law :lol:

I would be a little annoyed about that to be honest. How can you get "ideas" from a list of names. I agree with foxred, she could have book a naming book.

Shes clearly excited about it and its not her fault but if you ended up choosing a name that happened to be on her list.. will she think shes named your baby? :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back