is there such a thing as pre natal depression???

Sarahe

Reaction score
is there such a thing as prenatal depression and if so will it pass???

I was fine but the last week or so I am so fed up with being pregnant.

I work for a busy Insurance company as a pa to the directors and I am finding it so hard trying to look proffesional, is all maternity wear so frumpy???

It just gets me down. I feel like such a frump at the moment. does it get better when do you actually like your bump?? dont get me wrong I love our baby so much but I actually dislike being pregnant at the moment. is it me or pregnancy hormones?? :(

I am not a slim person by nature and I have spent at least the last 4 years keeping to a size 12 using only atkins and exercise 3 times a week. I have only gained a stone so far which I am quite happy with (i havent strict with my eating) but I worry that I wont be able to get back into shape once the baby is born.

I am so worried that with all these feelings running around in my head, that I will end up with post natal depression at this rate and it scares me.

is it normal to have these thoughts in pregnancy or it is my hormones striring things up. I have already chewed my partners ears off today and still by talking about it I just want to cry :cry:

Sarah

Aww Sarah, i'm on the same boat. I work in insurance doing a very similar job and know how frumpy you feel. I do to.

We tried for 2 years to get PG and now i am its all i want in the world. I am so happy to be PG but cant say i am enjoying it right now, i feel ugly and frumpy and ache all over. It doesnt mean we love our babies any less and it will pass.

Pregnancy is hard on us, but just think of the end result :D

I think pre natal depression exists without a doubt and i am sure most of the 3rd tri girls feel the same way right now.

((((((hugs honey))))))

Thanks Kelly,

Sometimes I think it is just me and I know it isnt.

Just having a bad week of it I dont seem to have the patience at the moment and your kind words just made me want to let it all out and have a good cry.

Nick, my partner is my rock and has already called to say he will have his arms open for me when I walk in the door I know I will have a good cry tonight and tomorrow will be a new day and hopefully I wont feel like this.

Thanks again

Sarah

What you are both feeling sounds perfectly normal, especially for first time Mum's.

Try and make sure you take some 'me' time, have your hair done, get a massage, have a facial or manicure - it may make you feel like you again.

Lots of love to you both

I think that sadly it is normal!
I hate and I mean hate my body at the mo! I can only have photos taken if my face wont be in it I know it sound so vain but I cant help it! I was always a tight skinned size 10 and knowing that I am never going to be like that is very depressing....im getting stretch marks now which is making it worse, i didnt think the body change would have such an impact on me! :cry:

neither did I fayebalina,

I cannot believe how much I dislike my body changing and yet it is a natural and wonderful thing to have a child.

perhaps it will make me more determined to get back in to shape once our bundle arrives.

Sarah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back