is there any ppl ttc after c-section?

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by honey7733, Oct 22, 2005.

1. honey7733

honey7733 Well-Known Member

i know u should wait at least 6 months but is there anyone who hasn`t waited that long after a caesaren.....?

2. Guest

the advice i was given by the registra was u shud wait at least 12 months as ur uterous takes alot longer to heal then the rest of ur body. and u if fell pregnant again.. the pressure from the growing baby cud lead to a premature section due to risk of splitting the old wound. personally for the health of the baby to be i wud not risk it and wait the 12 months. i know how ur feeling i wud love another baby already. but after all the scares with this baby i want next baby to be so safe.

3. honey7733

oh i was told slighly different only 6 months!!!! and its not actually carrying the baby its the pressure of giving birth. well thats what my dr told me

4. Guest

maybe if u wanna have another baby u shud ask the advice of a dr not a pregnancy forum. i wud not want to risk my own health or health of a baby.

from what ive learnt through my nurses training i can see it taking alot more the 6 months to heal. plus my wound is nearly a month old and is still completely open.

just be careful and research every thing before u decide.

5. honey7733

my scar has healed lovely and i have had no problems with it.

this is the online advice i found.....

The gap that you should have between your last pregnancy and the next is your decision, although there is evidence that the uterine scar does become stronger over time. Research has looked at different gaps between pregnancies from those grouped as "less than 6 months" up to those grouped as "longer than 2 years". The risk of uterine rupture or of the scar separating remains small even with small intervals, but gaps of less than 6 months had the highest risk.

However, the risks are tiny in all cases and most mothers who go on to have a small gap between pregnancies do not encounter problems. Despite research showing slightly higher scar separation rates when inter-pregnancy gap is shorter, it can still be argued that a VBAC is the safer choice.

Child spacing is a very personal decision, which is far more complex than consideration of caesarean scar rupture statistics. It is your decision to make and factors such as your age, how easily you are likely to conceive, your general level of health, and how ready you feel to start another pregnancy, are all likely to be important to you in making that decision.

There are plenty of women who have had perfectly straightforward vaginal deliveries when the gap between pregnancies has been very short.

its just so confusing.....and as far as i was aware this forum was for help and advice...so help and advice is what i shall ask for

6. Guest

easy tiger :lol:

7. Guest

was only stating ur quote that dr has already told u to wait 6 months so why risk it.

of course this site is for advice but some thing so serious shud maybe require proffessional medical advice.

congrats that uve had a easy straight forward c section and easy recovery.. its not very common... every one else i know that have had a baby has ended up having a section and no easy recovery. wudnt wish the recovery im having on any one, even though it aint put me off having another baby :D

8. stephlw25

stephlw25 Well-Known Member

I would also love another baby now (must be mad lol!!!) but like elaine said its wise to wait and give your body time to heal and recover.
    Most people forget that having a c-section is classed as 'major abdomenal surgery' therefore im gona wait untill its fully recovered!!!

It is weird how so many of us new mummys are broody already!! i think we have baby fever!!!!! lol

9. honey7733

well i only have just over a month to wait til i`m 6 months so tht should fly by.

i am back to my full exercise routine and to be honest i know i`m very lucky to have the recovery i had. so i think i`m ready!!

bring the baby dust my way lol

10. honey7733

11. melanieyeah

melanieyeah Well-Known Member

its up to you hun, but having two kids under the age of two years is no easy feat. Why not wait until danielle is a little bigger and then decide, she will get into everything, and it will be harder for you if you are heavily pregnant, it may help you decide.

12. ree77

ree77 Well-Known Member

Hi girls,

I had a c-section with my first and I became pregnant just 4 1/2 mos after I had my son. To be honest with you, when I was pregnant with him, I felt the best, I had no complications pregnancy or labor. Out of all of my pregnancies that was the best of all, as a matter of fact when I went into labor with him I had absolutely no clue I was even in labor, when I got to the hospital I found out I was 8cms!!! :shock: :shock: I was having cramping the night before that but had no clue I was in labor. I realized that I was one of the lucky ones, but I agree with it being your own personal judgement. I had 4 children in 4 1/2 yrs and although it was difficult at times it wasn't has hard as some may think. I was just constantly doing something. Use your own judgement that's all anyone can really say. :wink:

Take Care,

xoxo Ree