Is there any point taking sudocrem to hospital??

lrb

Reaction score
Only ask this cause you use cotton wall and water for first few days when changing so you don't need the wipes, so surely if u can't use wipes sudocrem wouldn't b used either??

i didnt take any but i did use baby wipes in the hospital x

I'm taking wipes and sudocrem. Take one of the little tiny pots - I got one in a bounty pack x

I have a tiny pot of it from the Bounty packs packed in babys bag just in case!!

Plus i think one of the bounty packs you get in hospital has another small tub in it, you shouldnt really need to use it anyway as your baby shouldnt have any sort of nappy rash etc when first born xx

I just automaticaly put it on frm day 1 wether sing wipes or cotton wool hunni, like the ladies say take your lil pot outta bounty pack just incase :) xx

Antenatal class yesterday told us no creams or wipes (even sensitive ones) are used on newborns as their skins are so sensitive. I'm just taking nappies and cotton wool. They said upto 6 weeks old you should only use warm water and cotton wool.xx

Our MW told us at antenatal, that she shouldn't really suggest it but to take a small travel pack of wipes as babys first poo is really sticky, but try to use cotton wool otherwise, xx

I took wipes for me! And were useful for his mat if he weed or leaked! I also took my small sudo cream pot just incase for me as I thought with the mat pads and dampness ( from waters and/or bleeding) and thought I may chafe but luckily u didn't need it.

Antenatal class yesterday told us no creams or wipes (even sensitive ones) are used on newborns as their skins are so sensitive. I'm just taking nappies and cotton wool. They said upto 6 weeks old you should only use warm water and cotton wool.xx

We were told this at antenatal classes too. I plan on using just cotton wool and water, so not taking Sudocrem or wipes to the hospital. X

Good idea about taking it for yourself!i used my mini pot on my dermatitis on my hands lol so will keep little pot what's left for me!

I'm taking some for me lol, have started chaffing a bit when I walk and I have bad skin on my face and it's excellent for spots xxxxxxxxx

I was told to take in olive oil (small one) to help remove babies first poo as apparently it cuts through it rather than smearing the stickiness xx

I'm taking fragrance free wipes and the tiny pot of sudocreme. And some nappy sacks I must remember.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back