is there a tablet that can boost your fertility

hayley

Reaction score
Hi

Just wondering if anyone knows of a drug (tablet form) that can boost your fertility.

Only been trying 4 months but begining to feel a bit let down.

I know of no tablet that you buy that can help your fertility. Other tablets need to be gievn by your doctor who won't give them unless they know of the problems you are having which means tests and they won't consider you until you have been trying for quite a while.

Sorry I don't know what you're going through personally but I have helped my sister through a lot of things because she has been trying for 6 years now without sucess.

thanks for your reply..

I've just bought ovulation test. We got throu life thinking if we miss a pill we could get caught. It's not until we actually start trying that we realise how difficult it is. I've only been off the pill 4 months so i'll just enjoy trying for now... if it happens it happens. I suppose i should be pa little more patient.

Good luck to your sister.

thanks

I know it sounds stupid but have you got your dates right for ovulation? I always found it difficult to remember when the first day of my last period was. They reckon you should go for it every couple of days towards the middle of your cycle. Four months isn't too bad they say it can take up to a year of trying. Fingers crossed for you :)

hayley said:
We got throu life thinking if we miss a pill we could get caught. It's not until we actually start trying that we realise how difficult it is.
Hi Hayley, welcome to the forums :D It's amazing how many people do say what you've just said ... and also how true it is!

I know that many women try various herbal supplements (I suppose that's a new topic for the Herbal Supplements section though) - I'm not sure whether you mean those, or proper drugs prescribed by a doctor?

Meanwhile, as debbie says, pin-pointing ovulation can a great help. Speaking from experience, things can become a bit, er, 'stale' if you're doing the deed for a number of months because you 'have' to. But! If you know when you're about to ovulate, it's easier for you both to put your cards on the table and say, okay, we're doing this to make a baby ... but then relax around the other times of the month and do it for the good old fun side of it, as it should be! Hope that came out right, I re-worded it about 5 times :lol:

Hi Debbie

Yes it sounded just right. I found I was wishing the days away to get to the middle of my cycle then wishing a few more away to see if my AF came or not! but then when it did I would wish a few more days away planning for my next ovulation period. Vicious circle.... I've now realised it's not as easy as 123... i think from the time I discussed babies with my husband and we decided we liked the idea we sort of went for it at full speed. Knowing it's gonna take longer than one try we've slowed down a bit... It would be nice thou to take a magic pill that boosts your fertility chances... but i'll try sticking to the real world..

thanks for your replies

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back