is my baby normal or am i not coping too well!!

shell30984

Reaction score
hi all,

i haven't been on here for a while...but have had the sneaky look when i get 5mins, just to see how you are all doing :)

my LO is now 4 weeks old, and i love him to bits....but all he does is cry!! is this normal? when he is not sleeping, then he is crying/screaming!! i have tried everything i can, winding - gripe water etc, cuddles, nappies, see if he is too hot/cold, leave him alone.
i spend all of my day trying to see what is wrong with him, so just want to no if this is normal? or if im finding it more difficult than i thought it would be :(

Have you spoken to a gp or health visitor hun?

some babies do cry alot, but I wouldn't have thought a baby should be crying all the time and nothing soothes them?

I'd speak to a health professional and get some advice/reassurance.

:hug:

Have you spoken to a gp or health visitor hun?

some babies do cry alot, but I wouldn't have thought a baby should be crying all the time and nothing soothes them?

I'd speak to a health professional and get some advice/reassurance.

:hug:

I agree, sounds a little too much to me xx

My LO cried a lot in the first six weeks - i put it down to colic and reflux. He now very rarely cries. I'm sorry its not much help, but i just wanted you to know there is a light at the end of the tunnel and it does get better.

One thing I would say and I know it's difficult, but the more sleep they get the better. I've posted this routine to a couple of people on here who have said it helped them. Maybe try and give it a go it helped me, but didnt discover it until 3 months.

http://www.boswellbunch.com/simone/Babies/Newborns....html

Always good to speak to HV though, just in case...good luck :)

i didnt realise you can over stimulate a baby so easily?? that article has lots of helpful advice, i'll have a go and see if it helps.
i do understand that some babies cry alot, and it may be normal for him ;) but it is draining trying to constantly soothe him all day. i will speak to my HV when i can and see what she says.

he is finally asleep now! hopefully he will now let me get changed out of my pj's lol

One of the ladies at our NCT class had a little one who was like that and he did grow out of it within a couple of months and now cries much less. She said that carrying him around in a sling helped either because he found it soothing or because he fell asleep in it a lot.
It must be very tough to deal with so you have all my sympathies and I hope he grows out of it soon x.

Agree with the sling. Sophie has days where she is whingy and crys more than normal. I pop her in the sling and she fights a little at first, I get on with jobs such as folding the washing and within 5 mins she's asleep x

where do you get these slings from? are they expensive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back