Is it safe to have Botox during pregnancy?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Chat' started by Wackeymackey, Mar 2, 2016.

1. Wackeymackey

Wackeymackey New Member

I have been under Botox cosmetic treatment from Med-Aesthetics clinic in Brampton for 4 years now. I just had the injection 2 months before. But now there is a chance of me being pregnant. Is it safe to get pregnant now? I have read in an article that Botox during pregnancy may harm the fetus and there is a possibility of miscarriages too. I am really worried. Anyway I have taken an appointment tomorrow with the health care provider to discuss this. Has anyone here been through this? Please share.

2. louise2610

louise2610 Well-Known Member

Hi wackeymackey. I had Botox done just before I conceived. It is an unknown entity. However my personal opinion would be not to go there. If you shouldn't have Botox when your breast feeding they really you shouldn't have it when expecting.

Xxx

3. Tina14

Tina14 Well-Known Member

Hi,

Yeah, as written above, it's an unknown entity.
    I've just qualified as an asthetics practitioner and my training was to not administer to women who are pregnant or trying to conceive.
    There isn't really any concrete evidence as what effect, if any, it can have as nobody is gonna risk it for the benefit of trials really!
    I was definitely going to have some done, but having just recently conceived, it's a big no no for now