is it possible?

youngmumtobe20

Reaction score
to lose weight safely whilst pregnant... I just weighed myself and im now seriously overweight, i've put on 4 stone since i was 6 weeks and still have another ten weeks left and only 1-2 stone of that will be baby if im lucky. i worked so hard to lose weight and get fitter last year and it just seems like all that effort was for nothing now and im gona have to work twice as hard next year

i dont wana go on a "diet" as i know its not safe but myabe cut out the crap ive been eating too much of eg chocolate, biscuits, crisps. smaller meals which i need to do anyway really cos i keep eating too much and getting serious heartburn

you can cut out the 'unhealthy' stuff.. but i have put on about 3 n half stone to.. and i aint gonna stop lol.. pleantly of time for that after..

I put on a lot of weight at the start too, but I stopped eating so much junk and my weight gain slowed right down, I gained a stone and a half in the first 6-8 weeks and since then I have gained another stone, so from 14 weeks - 33 weeks I have gained 14 lbs, I eat plenty but not too much rubbish now. I dont think you will be able to lose weight at this stage but you can stop gaining any excessive weight, you only have a little bit to go anyway - I would just worry about it afer you have your baby.

If there is one time in your life where being overweight is not an issue it's when you are pregnant.

You will give birth and spend silly amounts of time worrying about your weight anyway... so why spend the last few weeks of your pregnancy doing it??

Also you are not going to be able to loose much weight now... these last few weeks are the weeks where women put on most weight, because the baby is laying down fat stores for it's brain and body... and you will just become disheartened and depressed at the lack of progress you will make.

Give birth... and you will know exactly how much excess you have gained... because you are carrying around 3 stone extra in baby weight and fluid retention.. which you will loose on giving birth. At the moment you don't know how much weight you have which is yours... also your body expects you to breast feed your baby, so it's laying down fat stores for breast feeding... if you do decide to bf... then you will loose a lot of weight that way...

You should cut out the crap from your diet, because it's not good for you or the baby... but mainly because you should be treating yourself like an athlete and have a diet appropriate to running a marathon in a few weeks because that's what you will be doing.

hmm, im trying not to think about it til ive had the baby.. had serious issues with weight b4 i was ttc... well i spose they're still there just managed to keep it to the back of my mind and think of bubs, seems to be getting harder to push to the back of my mind as im getting bigger tho. maybe im just having an off week

It's not safe to diet while pregnant but should be fine to cut out any crappy stuff that you have been eating :)

Try and not worry about your weight during pregnancy (which I know is hard :( ) But I have seen pics of your bump and you look fine :D

Does anyone know how much weight is normal to put on during pregnancy?

i read earlier that 15-25lbs is normal

ive put on about 50lbs, just worried it will affect the birth and make things difficult

ok so going to cut out the crap... and try harder to keep my silly thought to the back of my head... just wana enjoy the last few months as much as i can

by the way this site is addictive when ur at home all day lol it should come with a warning

well i was gutted when i saw how much id put on, i was 9 and a half stone but im 5'8'' so i was tall and thin lol (i had worked hard for it)

but now :x im just over 13 stone !!! most of my weight has gone on my legs!! and the tops of my arms !! which i HATE

by the way if anyone knows how to get rid or tone up the tops of your arms pls let me know

they r now about 3 sizes bigger than wat my arms used to be (no jokes)

:(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back