Is it possible...?

emma_85

Reaction score
Hi all

Hubby and I dtd 2 days ago and I had negative ovulation tests on the day of dtd and the next day. Today I have had a faint line! Exciting as I have polycystic ovaries so the lines don't come often!

I believe sperm can live upto 5 days in the woman so is it possible that I could conceive 2 days after dtd?

TIA

Yes you can get pregnant from ddt 2 days before ov. Ovulation tests are not like pregnancy tests though. For an ovulation test to be positive the test line has to be as dark as the control line. A faint line isnt a positive.

It was definitely not as dark as the control line!

Ditto bunny - you need to get some cheap OPKs like one step so you can test at least daily (I test 3 times daily, bear in mind mid morning - mid/late afternoon is the best time to collect and test a sample. Also try to make sure the sample is room temperature before testing to get the best result. Keep BDing and testing :) sperm can live realistically up to 3 days, so we try to BD every other day over our fertile window. Good luck! Xxx

I'm sure once positive, so strong line it takes 24/48 hours to ovulate then so your surge could just be starting positive in the next couple of days so I would dtd a couple more times over the days to have a bit more cover x

Yep it is possible. We dtd 3 days before I ovulated and got bfp that cycle. But good advice by ladies above...get some cheapies so you can test regularly...and just because you get a positive tests doesn't mean youl ovulate straight away...it can take a couple days to actually ovulate...and not always the same every cycle. Mother nature likes to keep us on our toes eh!! Good luck sweet xx

Had a few odd things happen yesterday eve/this morning.

When I wiped before bed I had a watery pink discharge (if you can call it that!) I checked in the loo as I was concerned that my urine was tinged with blood. So I wiped again, hovering around and a watery pink fluid. I don't recall having this before but assumed I would start a period possibly (despite only being on 2.5 weeks ago.

This morning when wiping I had a small amount of clear discharge with a vein type line of darker red/almost brown through it. Had nothing since but I'm a bit crampy... any ideas?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back