Is it possible to have a miscarriage without knowing you were pregnant??

Emma.b

Reaction score
Hi,

This thread may contain TMI, so i hope your not eating lunch! Dont mean to upset any1 or pi55 any1 off but is it possible to miscarry without getting a positive result?

I was 12dpo yesterday, did a pregnancy test and it said negative, later on that night went to the toilet before bed and i had thick ewcm with blood in it. Had no period pains. But woke up this morning with a full flow. I usually spot for a day or so but not this time. Without being to gross its quiet thick, plenty of it and i'm losing little blood clots?! My cramps seem quiet forceful today as well, and i wasnt ment to be due on til the 3rd!!

Its probably nothing, just the shock of seeing all that blood :shock:

I think because you never had a positive test the best way to think of it is that your period came early and it's just a bit different to normal. To be honest my periods have been wierd since I started ttc so I wouldn't worry about it.

There's no point in wondering if it was a m/c or not because you will never know and it will just mess with your head.

Just think of it as a new cycle and hopefully this will be your month
xx:dust:

From what I have read about chemical pregnancies, you do tend to get a + result (quite early) and then your period arrives and is pretty much like a normal period?

xxxxxxx

definately not gonna dwel on it, was just wondering why my period was being odd!! Bleeding cramping is killing me, argh.....Still only a few days then can start my offical 2nd cycle!

I think it is def a case of the more aware you are the more you notice things??

xxxxxxxxx

I miscarried last year and didn't know I was even pregnant until it happened x

i think so too. If you asked me over 2 years ago if you could tell when your ovulating without taking a test, i'd have laugh and said no. Now i pick up on every twinge, ache, pull and bodily fluid!

I think sometimes you can scrutinise a bit too much tho??

Aww sorry to hear that amy. How did you find out?

I just think im having a heavy, painful and early period!!

I was having all sorts of problems from a previous mc. I was bleeding very heavily in alot of pain and passing large clots. When I went to the doc he confirmed I was having another mc. It's in one of my old threads I can't remember which one x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back