Is it Possible my strips are just too old?

lizsamuel80

Reaction score
Ok I had a little boy via emergency C sec 5 months ago. I got my first period exactly 8 weeks after he was born like I did with my other two kids all three were 100% breast fed at that stage (I know BFing is meant to hold off periods for a while but I'm not so lucky :(). Even after my MCs I got my periods exactly 29 days after I passed the babies, exactly both times. Anyway my periods have been like clock work you could set a watch by them. Because I'm BFing I opted not to take contraceptive pills of any sort and I've had problems with them in the past in fact I have not been on any sort of contraception since I was about 20 (now 32). We've been together for 13 years now and have only ever used monthly timing, pull out and condoms and when we have decided to try we fall pregnant within 1 or 2 months.

Anyway During my OV window last month (like all other months in the past 13 years) I made my husband put a condom on before he even got close to me. For the first time EVER when he pulled out the condom was still inside me. I freaked and pulled it out as fast as I could. Anyway I'm now 8 days late. I've done a few internet HPT cheapies one had a shadow but the other two have been very convincing negatives. My problem is that they are old from when we started trying for baby #3 back in September 2011 we lost that one. I've been pregnant 5 times (only 3 babies though :() and by this stage I've always known even before a positive test I always get a clear positive about 8dpo. So I'm pretty sure it's just a skipped period but....... it's just a little freaky this happens when we have a mishap for the first time in the life of our relationship.

They have quite a long shelf life, the expiry date should be on the pack. If you've had two negatives, the other one was maybe an evap? Hope you get the result you want xx

if you're worried the strips aren't working properly I would go get a new one just to put your mind at rest and stop you wondering......:) good luck- hope you get the result you want.

It could just be a fluke I think if u were that late it would show as a decent possitive out of date or not they have to add a shelf life to cover themselves but I realy can't see that mattering but go buy a test just to put ya mind at rest xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back