Is it okay to take paracetamol for headaches?

Julia

Reaction score
I wrote earlier to day to tell the world I have yet another headache. I am thinking of taking paracetamoll now because it is really getting me down...is it okay to take paracetamol during pregnancy?

Hi Julia,

You poor thing, do feel for you, i've got my headaches back after having a week of freedom, I think the antibiotics I was on stopped them but now i've finished the course they have come back and make me feel so rotten. This is gonna sound like a funny question but whereabouts are you getting your headaches? Mine starts at the back of my head & radiates over to behind my left eye, both eyes hurt but more my left!

Anyway to answer your question, yes you can take paracetomol but obviously don't take too many, my doc said take them but not all day every day. They don't actually work for me unfortunately, even the stronger drugs I got prescribed for them don't work :cry: , hope they do for you.

Take care hun & really hope they go away.

Nicki.xx

Hi Nicki

Yesterday, my headache was on the right side of my head, just above my ear. Got very annoyed because DH went out last night and I was just left in the house with a thundering head (I was meant to be going out also but couldn't). I went to bed at 10.30 and went straight to sleep. Woke up at 8.00 this morning with head ache on top of my head....there is just no relief. I have got to the point where I have to take paracetamol - I will try anything to make it go away. We went away for a couple of days in the week to relax - but low and behold - I had a headache for most of the time. Thanks for your reply, Nicki. I just worry because I can't understand why I am getting a headache every day...

Julia xxx

I know exactly what you mean. I've been in tears this afternoon because of mine, they make me feel sick as well which doesn't help matters. I'm starting to worry too, even tho I know it's a sympton of pregnancy I didn't think they would be this bad and last for so long. I think i'll go back to the doctors, I can't cope with this until April!

Nicki.x : :cry:

Nicki

My friend is a midwife and I just telephoned her asking her advice (I apologised because it is a Sunday and also because I am not her patient!). She said headaches were a normal part of pregnancy but to check it out with the doc because they seem to be happening too much. She also suggested I may be anaemic because headaches are a common symptom of anaemia. She said it is nothing to panic about unless I have severe other symptoms - fever, blurred vision, swelling hands/feet etc (which I do not have).

I get annoyed because I can't get hold of my midwife however much I phone and leave messages. I hope this doesn't happen when I am in labour!!!!!

You are right - we shouldn't have to put up with this until April!!!!

I had the migraine from hell at 10.5 weeks and I rang up the local hospital for help as it was a sunday and didn't know who else to call.

I was told it is definitley OK to take paracetamol if you are suffering

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back