Is it normal to have AF type cramping during first weeks?

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Julia, Aug 7, 2005.

1. Julia

Julia Well-Known Member

Dear all carriers of little peas,

I am nearly 5 weeks pregnant and occasionally get AF style cramping (once/twice a day for a few moments). It is not really painful but rather achy. Is this normal? Some times I go to te toilet and wipe to see if there is any blood, but thank goodness, there is not.

(Been through m/c, so really paranoid with every twinge) M/c was VERY painful, couldn't miss it!

2. kellie80

kellie80 Well-Known Member

I would say its completly normal to have these cramps, I had them right the way through my first pregnancy, and i'm still getting them now with this one. I think it is just your uterus growing and as long as they are not to painfull you should be fine. I know its hard not to worry about it but try to relax.

3. Julia

Julia Well-Known Member

Thanks Kwain

I feel a little more relaxed now. Even though not pleasant, it is reassuring to know other people are going through the same sort of thing (sorry). I spent a good couple of months trying to get pregnant again, only to spend the time moaning and worrying! Past 12 weeks, I am going to enjoy it (hopefully!)

Thanks for your reply xxx

4. ree77

ree77 Well-Known Member

Yes it is quite normal to have af type cramping such as you are describing im almost 9 weeks and have those type of cramps. I understand the worry, I had an ectopic pregnancy that ruptured and I had a miscarriage there is no mistaken the pain. Try to relax and remember it is normal.

Good Luck xoxo :D