Is it normal to get very hot and clammy?

Julia

Reaction score
I am 10 weeks and a day pregnant. I have a terrible headache and I am very hot and clammy. I have had a few sharp pains today in my lower mid abdomen which have only literally lasted a second - nurse said this is nothing to worry about, just things stretching. Is it usual to get hot? What can I take for my headache? I have just phoned NHS direct to get advice, but you girls on this forum are just as good and are actually going through the same worry!

Hello

Your temperature will be up and down and if you don't have any other symptoms it's probably just the increased blood in your body making you warm and the ligaments stretching.

You can take paracetamol but not asprin because it can cause bleeding.

Hope you feel better soon and watch out for urine infections which will give you a dull ache in the abdomen and a temperature - they get nasty in pregnancy. :evil:

Louise

Thanks Louise,

I am going to lay down in a dark room like advised, with a cool compress on my head. You are probably right about more blood causing hotness.....I feel so rough! It is not all plain sailing......

Give it another 2/3 weeks and you should feel a lot better. You may get other little niggles like back ache and hips popping in and out :shock: but that horrible sickness and blahhhhhh feeling will be gone. I was just thinking that I feel great in the mornings now. It's just late at night I feel exhausted.

I still get very hot now, its like the baby has a hot water bottle in my tummy lol

everyone is wearing coats and shoes here now as its getting cold, and im in flip flops and tops still, no coats

I think you are very normal, my fiance says im like a hot water bottle in bed and has to open the window! I am normally very cold to the touch and always have cold feet. I am very hot at work at the mo and have sleeveless tops on instead of everyone elses sleeved tops, i got a funny look in the rain just now whilst getting lunch i was cued at the cash point thinking how lovely and cool the rain was and a lady in a coat (yes a coat) stared as if i was standing naked in a december evening!

I am also suffering headaches and pains so it seems we have very similar symptoms! :D

Thanks Girls - you've done it again - put my mind at rest. Don't feel as bad this evening. I think I am just use to feeling sick and groggy now. I have the feeling that I am coming down with something or just getting over something all the time........I have absolutely NO social life any more cos I feel so rough in the evenings and night. DH must feel like a single man again! Can't wait for groggy feeling to go. I am also fed up of always moaning about symptoms to family, DH and friends - they must be as glad to see the 12 weeks on the horizon as I am!!! Hope it subsides at this point. Looking forward to the energy and feeling good stage.

Best wishes and love to you all xxx

Hi Julia

Dont worry about complaining about your symptons - thats what were all here for - to help each other!!!!. I totally sympathise with you the first trimester was bloody awful - its so exciting to be Pg, but no one warns you of how wretched you feel some days. I had bleeding for weeks on end which would start and stop without warning, so I never knew if I was on the verge of a miscarriage and it was so worrying I had 3 scans before I'd even reached 12 weeks, then I got sent home from work as someone kindly came into work with Shingles and the Docs had no record of me having chicken pox - which involved more blood tests etc - and to top that off I was absolutly knackered all the time which was soooo frustrating I couldnt do anything for weeks. and had to keep leaving work early to get into bed (nearly fell asleep at the wheel one day on the way home!)....

There is some good news though! Im now in the 2nd Trimester - and I cant tell you enough how much better I feel!!! :lol: The tiredness has gone and my bump is forming nicely!!! - and it will be your turn soon!

I too had no social life - you just havent got the energy - it was enough just to get up some days. I dont like sounding like a whinger - but in reality it can be very tough for the first few weeks.

Everyone is great on here and I pop onto the first trimester every so often and read this posts and they sound just like me when I first came on here in July!!!! - just keep smiling and before you know it the weeks will fly by.

take care all

L x

Thanks Lisa

You have written a very uplifting and reassuring post which has made me feel loads better. I know I am not on my own but I am very good at feeling sorry for myself as you have probably read. I am so pleased that you are feeling so much better and everything is going well for you. The first weeks are a nightmare but I just keep thinking of the reward at the end of all the nausea, tiredness, headaches - nothing will beat the wonderful feeling of holding your little miracle at the end of nine months. I am adopted so it will be wonderful for me seeing a little being that resembles me. I just hope my little bun turns out to be a little calmer than me in the long run!!!

Hey Julia

Thats ok! I just know (along with everyone else on here!) how worrying the first few months are (dont want to put you off - but you never actually stop worrying even after the 3-month mark!!) but my worries arent as bad as in the first trimester I must admit.

Like you say, its all worth it in the end - I think it comes as a surprise to lots of women about how much you worry - I certainly wasnt expecting to feel this paranoid. I remember in the first 3 months how I darent have a hot bath and had to have it luke warm, then i would worry I hadnt cooked my food through enough - etc etc - and so it goes on!!!!

You will be fine - try and enjoy the next few weeks and keep us updated on your progress. :D

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tchotchke
Back