Is it normal to feel like this?

TiffanyJaynexo

Reaction score
Of course I'm looking forward to the future ahead but I feel really sad and anxious about Grace growing up. I can't believe she's a month old already, it's flown by. I'm going to miss her being so little and cuddly.

I'm also quite scared about how hard it's going to be :roll:. Of course it's challenging being a mum, but it's got easier each day and everything comes more naturally now.. plus all she really does is sleep, which makes it easier! I'm worried about when she's running around the house picking up everything in sight, and having those childhood tantrums. I feel like she'll be none stop and I'll end up ripping my hair out. Maybe it's because I see a lot of mum's shouting at their kids in the streets, it makes it quite daunting.

Me and my siblings had our naughty moments quite a lot when we were young, mum was forever shouting at us, I feel bad now! :shock:

Is it normal to feel anxious like this?

Yes, its natural to feel like this.

And yes, you probably will be one of those mums shouting at kid in the street, those that dont shout....want to but restrain. Your right its so nice when they are wee & cuddly & it does get more challenging, but its different type of challenging, just now your challenges are feeding constantly, up at night ect, in a cpl years it will be different, your main priority will be keeping LO away from everything that can harm her & it is very hard that stage, best you can do is just remove everything within reach & put as many safety gates up as you can, these things do make it easier. You will love LO just as much when she's at this stage coz she'll do all sorts of cute things & they say things ect. Its enjoyable & they're brilliant to sit down & play with. At the baby stage you find out what pure exhaustion is like, in the toddler stage is when the parenting comes into play, decide just now what your boundaries/rules are going to be & stick to them, its easier than making it up as you go along.

And yes LO will have tantrums that will literally make you want to pull your hair out, but tbh I dont think they are any worse to handle than newborn crying. You learn to block it out & not be concerned about it. My LO used to literally bash her head off the hard shop floors in a tantrum, whenever i went food shopping coz she hated it. She soon realised she wasn't allowed out the buggy if she did that & stopped.

:)

I totally get where you are coming from but you cope with the challenges now and you'll cope with new ones too,
I was gutted packing away all of Cameron's new born size clothes :( x

ahhh totally normal feelings , don't worry.

Shame when they grow up, my little newborn is now a chucky 1 year old!! nightmare where did the year go by...

As for the parenting , take a week at a time and like you say now, it's got easier and easier as you got used to being a mum, nothing will change , you will always learn and parent as you go along , you won't wake up suddenly one morning, not knowing what to do, it will just happen and evolve between you and your baby as you go along, and when you get to those stages then parent how you want to and feel right at the time (you don't have to turn into a fish wife shouting in the street - do it your way hun) - enjoy.

Totally normal! But I was also thinking earlier about which has been my favourite month of Lizzie's life and seriously, every month I'm like 'oh this month is the best, she's nearly walking/babbling all the time/playing alone with her toys', and then the next milestone comes along and I'm like 'no, THIS is the best month!'...it just gets better and better!
Don't get me wrong, I miss the newborn baby stage but the toddler stage is just so great :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back