is it just me?

Zor-El

Reaction score
this week ive been so unsociable i cant be botherd to talk to anyone friends keep txting and ringing but i just seem to find excuses when normally i would jump at the chance to meet up?
:(

I'm not in my third trimester yet but i do feel like that on certain days. I normally love hearing from people and getting text messages etc but some days lately it feels like a hassle to reply.

I think sometimes you do need some alone time! esp with all the changes that are going on - it is alot to get your head around!

I've been the same lately - can't be bothered to go out and am too tired to feel particularly chatty. Hoping my energy will return ASAP :(

LBxx

ive felt really low the last couple of days... partly because ive developed carpel tunnel and its really painful and frustrating because i keep dropping and braking things and i cant even open the milk some times!
plus yesterday i developed a cold sore andive never had one b4!! so now hubby can only console me by hugs and kisses on the head! which isnt enuf to cheer me up at the mo :(

I've been antisocial since I fell pregnant, going out just doesn't seem important any more and I have nothing in common with my friends

Kim said:
I've been antisocial since I fell pregnant, going out just doesn't seem important any more and I have nothing in common with my friends

ah hunny.... i felt like that at 1st especially when one of my friends who got pregnant about 2 months after me lost her baby i felt really lonely but thats what we r all here for!!
i look forward to turning my computer on most daysnow! and ive also joined a goverment thing called sure start. its for all families (not just ones on benifits as most people think) and its all free now i go swimming on tuesdays and breastfeeding clinic on thurs which is more like mother and baby group and its nice to get out and meet new parents before bub is born so i know what to expect. they have a bus that picks me up from home and takes me and like i said its all free. u should see if there is one in your area. go to http://www.surestart.gov.uk/
if u can muster up courage to go on ur ownt he first time im sure u will enjoy yourself.
even thou my hubby works they have still offered to pay for help for him to give up smoking! anything that help out ur family they do. it really has been a god send for me!
hope u'll feel better soon xx :D

Thanks Sasha I know there is a surestart near me but I never knew what it was, I will certainly look into it. :D

wow! thats mad i thought i was the only one who was like this! all my friends ring me ask me of im coming out or do i wanna go shopping etc, and i just make my b/f say im asleep or something when they come round i just ignore them and when they text i just ignore that, i have no interest in them what so ever my b/f thinks im being nasty and that im gunna end up with no one but i dont seem to care i no it sounds bad but i just couldnt care less...
saying that i went back to school on monday and all my friends who have picked different courses etc have all split up and made new friends and i have 1 friend who im gettin quite close to and she doesnt go out that often either cos she has a b/f and stays with him alot. where as the others go out at weekends and think were mad for not going but it just annoys me that they expect us to..
oh well maybee its a phase but who knows heh

I think this must be the norm - I've been feeling really anti-social - even when my best friend or sister rings me and going out is a chore more than a pleasure. I feel like everyone is walking really fast and I'm just not bothered at all. I must have told my other half to tell so many people that I'm asleep to avoid speaking to them. I'm absolutely sick of it!!

I'm just fed up of being fussed! I hate being the centre of attention and certainly when it comes to my DH's family gatherings all people seem to want to do is to fuss over how big or small I am, what kind of choices I'm making over equipment, not asked for advice about babies, scare stories about birth etc etc. I know that a large amount of it is because they're caring about the baby but they've mostly ignored me for the last 12 years since me and my DH got together and so it's hard not to feel that it's only now that I'm producing their relative that they're bothered about me if you know what I mean? God that sounds realy petulant and bitchy! Sorry! I suppose it's just that I feel like a kind of Holy Cow- only important because I'm pregnant not because I'm me I suppose. Also I'm sick of being patted on the belly- aargh! Also I know I'm baby obsessed at the moment but sometimes I really don't want to be to be thinking about onlt that all of the time but when I go out it's all people want to talk about. My Dad is great- whenever I chat to him or send him emails he doesn't refer to it but we chat about politics and stuff like that instead and it's such a blessed relief as even though I try not to think about the baby 24/7 it's difficult and I really notice it now when I've had a conversation with someone about something else!!

As regards our friends I just don't fancy sitting in pubs not drinking with all the smoky atmosphere in the evenings. Being sober when no one else is is really really dull and I just sit there wishing I was at home in bed reading a book or somethng so I just haven't gone out for ages. I went for a curry with a friend on Friday and that was good and the weekend before another friend and I went to the Organic Festival for a few hours and ate lots of free chocolate samples :) but I don't go out nearly as much as I used to!

+++

Also I'm sick of being patted on the belly- aargh!

Why do people feel they are allowed to do this when you're pregnant? Do you suddenly have a neon sign above your head saying 'touch me' when your bump appears??? It's horrible!

I feel really antisocial too. I don't feel like I have anything in common with DH's friends and girlfriends (who we normally spend time with), his family annoy the hell out of me and most of mine do too. I do feel like I've become a bit self centred though, my bub is the most important thing to me and I find it hard to listen to other people's moans. I've been trying not to inflict my bump worries on family though, but I've already had a fall out with my younger half sister (she seems to be 18 going on 8) and she's told me that I think I'm the only person to ever be pregnant! Cheers then!

rosieroo said:
she's told me that I think I'm the only person to ever be pregnant! Cheers then!

Ha! I'd remember that particular gem if I were you and store it up for the future!!

I mean I know that women have been doing it since the beginning of time but I haven't and that's the point isn't it!! I just don't think you can help but be obsessed, it's impossible not to be! Sometimes I even bore myself with it though :lol: but that's ok cos it's me! If anyone else dares say that I'm worrying about it too much or fussing then watch out- I bite these days!!!

+++

:lol: Me too. No holds barred! I think I might be turning into a bit of an animal actually, must be that maternal instinct coming out!

What some people forget is that if it's your first baby (like this is for me), you don't know what to expect. What's normal/not normal etc. I'm sure I feel a lot more confident the 2nd time round, but how the hell am I supposed to know how I am going to feel when pregnant, if I've never been pregnant before? So it's not that I think I'm the only person to ever be pregnant, I'm just trying to get used to the changes etc that are being inflicted on my body and deal with going from being a daughter to a mother - it's a big transition!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back