Is it discrimination??

Jojo84

Reaction score
I'm being forced to work every single weekend (sat&sun) because I'm pregnant and had to shorten my shift pattern. I agreed to extra days to cover it but every weekend?????

I would check you contract..

Also if u find its to much id speak to ur GP cos if they advise you shouldn't then ur work HAVE to accommodate to suit your needs! And if they dont then they can get into trouble!
Its part of risk assessments etc xx

Speak to your gp and see about a sick note ,my gp was very helpful with my last pregnacy x

I spoke to a colleague who asked if I was and she said shed swap me some but I said it was the principle. I sent him another text and said I feel a little like I'm punished for being pregnant snd hope that isn't the case and he said we'd n she amendments --- funny what a little threatening language can do innit

How many hours a week are you doing? xx

Well I work in an extra care facility in the office and there is no way, here, they are allowed to do that tou our Support Workers. We had one last year who was pregnant and she was on reduced hours and accomodated etc.

I think you did the right thing texting your boss and airing your views. You need to think of you and the baby now x

I work 34 but another site for 5.

I only work 2 hours less per week than you and I do 7.24 a day 5 days a week. Maybe you could suggest this but do a couple of hours extra on 1 day. I'd also tell him you're willing to work some weekends but not all

If I work 5 that's still 6 a week due to my other 5 hrs but with 10hr shifts 3 one week and 4 the next would work but he's given me 6 hr shifts but more of them :(

Sorry, not 5 hour shifts, I meant 7hr 24mins for 3 days and on 2 days you could do 8hrs 24mins

I suggested 2 days one week 4 the next. He said it was hard to do but even if the 3 days are always on weekends I feel like it's wrong. Ill sort the ass out tomorrow, will I not!! I'm going to tell him I was so upset I hyperventilated and my bp went up too!!!

Failing all this I would visit GP - he can give you a 'fit' note that says you can work but with certain adjustments and you could specify those adjustments xx

He won't give me one they said not to work every weekend though. Only how many hours/days.

HR!! :) get your contract out and read through it with regards to contacted hours- also ask for a copy of their maternity policy ? Have you seen that? X

Contract outlines hours, not days or work and maternity states what I've already done

What hours does it state and what hours are u working at the moment including length of shifts

States 39 hrs a week. 34 at one workplace And 5 at the other. Doesn't steer length of shifts as they are different depending on needs if the service

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back