Is it bad luck to have pushchair delivered to house ?

OskarsMummy

Reaction score
In my first pregnancy I heard it was bad luck to have your pushchair in the house before baby so I had it delivered to a friends house.

Is this the same with the second baby ? I know it's all superstition but what would you do ?

Mine has been in the nursery since week 22. I think these superstitions are stupid.

Last edited:
wss ^^^

I've had mine set up in my dining room for months! and had it delivered here... OHs mum suggested they kept it.. I told her where to go haha

Of course not. Why ever would a pushchair be bad luck?
We've had purs set up since about 25 weeks xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

i've had mine here since about 18 weeks... delivered to the door... :) don't believe in superstitious things xx

I didn't even know about this superstition until I read a post on this forum a while back. We got ours delivered to the house - it could of gone to my parents house I suppose but then we'd have to collect it at some point plus I wanted to have a play with it! X

I personally believe in the superstition, all my family does. I know some people think its rubbish but each to their own :) took mine straight to OH's parents when we got ours. It will come home once i have the baby. Xx

That sounds crazy to me. Superstition is nonsense. But do whatever you're happy with I guess.

I'm off to go and put my new shoes on the table via walking under a ladder :p xx

Of course it isn't. I've walked under ladders, put new shoes on tables, broken mirrors and I'm doing alright. And I also had the pushchair in my house before my baby was born.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

Ours was delivered to my mams as she paid for it, bless her...and she didn't feel happy about it being in our house - so it's more her superstition that mine.

My hubby also surprised me as we are not very religious at all, but he bought a bible as he feels that a child should not be in a house without a bible.

It's completely up to you, but I don't believe in these superstitions xxx

I've never heard of this superstition! We ordered ours around 20 week mark as the one we wanted was on a really good deal and I had it delivered to our flat. I couldn't wait to wheel is around (crash it into all our furniture)!

Nah well I never heard of it. We had our pram here it wud be no good having it two hour drive away with family so its here and has been for weeks x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back