Is anyone's dog treating them differently?

skatty

Reaction score
I don't know if I am imagining it but my dog's behaviour has really changed since I've been pregnant! She is really soppy and gentle with me. In bed at night she cudddles in really close (not much room as she is a German Shepherd) but the worst thing is if I take her for a walk she barks at any man that comes near! She loves laying her head on my tummy and when I am being sick in the toilet she comes with me and whimpers! My god I love her, her name is Princess and that's exactly what she is!! She's the best company and its so reassurring having her around when my Dh is away over night at work. She's lying on my feet now bless her. Crikey, I have gone on can you imagine what I'll be like with my baby!

Gen (our dog) would try and sit on my bump i took it to mean she was protecting B, also if i got a twinge or summit n went ouch shed be first there

Hiya,

Our dog (a cocker spaniel) is as daft as a brush & still quite young (16 months) and hasn't noticed anythings different, she's gonna get the shock of her life soon! :lol: but my parents dog (a collie cross alsation) has acted differently towards me since I got preggers, she has gone silly & won't leave me alone & keeps on trying to jump on me & tries to lick me alot which is unlike her. I think she knows somethings different, just not sure what!

Nicki.x :D

Might sound silly, but maybe theres a scent??

Dogs have very good sense of smell, could be the reason?

One of my cats has been acting very strange....

She's all over my OH, hunting down his shirts to sleep on and cuddling up on his pillow during the day.

I'm wondering if my scents changed,so she's clinging to the familiar.

The opposite to the affection shown by people's dogs, but that's the difference between dogs and cats I suppose!

Yes I think its definitely that we smell different. I was around my friends house and her dog wouldn't leave me alone and kept licking me, my friend got quite jealous in the end!

Hi there i have a Nutty dog too - he is a rescue and is a staffordshire Bull Terrier called Monty - he thinks he's a baby anyway but since i've been pregnant he follows me everywhere! and when im feeling really sick he comes and just sits right by me. He looks quite mean because of his breed but is VERY loving and just wants to lie or sit with me. hes so lovely!!!!!!!!!!!

skatty said:
I don't know if I am imagining it but my dog's behaviour has really changed since I've been pregnant! She is really soppy and gentle with me. In bed at night she cudddles in really close (not much room as she is a German Shepherd) but the worst thing is if I take her for a walk she barks at any man that comes near! She loves laying her head on my tummy and when I am being sick in the toilet she comes with me and whimpers! My god I love her, her name is Princess and that's exactly what she is!! She's the best company and its so reassurring having her around when my Dh is away over night at work. She's lying on my feet now bless her. Crikey, I have gone on can you imagine what I'll be like with my baby!

You just described my dogs behavior to a T!

She is a bull mastiff :) She has become super protective of me lol

Great thread girls.. I have noticed some difference in my dog - she is only 18 months and very very hyper but she has been very protective and acting a bit insecure [I think she will be very jealous when Bodette arrives..] she keeps doing naughty things trying to get attention although we have not treated her any differently... she is so lovely and well behaved... and spoilt!!

The cats are definitely aware of something.. one of them lies on me at night and rests his head on my bump and the others have become quite affectionate too.. maybe the scent is different.. definitely they pick up on any hormonal changes and mood swings... my dog gets really upset when I shout at my OH in a hormonal rage and she comes and sits between us as if to break up any possible row / fight.. bless her!!!

:angel:

One of my 2 cats wont go near me! i can stroke her sometimes but i never get cuddles that o/h does or kisses anymore :( i think its the furmones or something like that so i heard....

cas xx

Hi

my dog did the same thing and to this day he is still protective over Kiara cant even tickle her or he'll bite my hand till i let go lol.
Katrina

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back