Is any breast milk better than none?

DW1978

Reaction score
At the moment I bf all day from about 6am till 5pm but ff all night. Is this still doing some good for baby, only getting this small amount of breast milk? Is it still worth bf when I can?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Definately. The more you bf the more you will produce hun xx

its best to feed a bit at night though, so that you produce more (your body decides how much to produce at night more than in the day...) but any breastmilk is good, its the most nutritionally rich substance they can have and as they suckle they tell your body to produce antibodies if they need them so you end up being their immune system until they are big enough to deal with things themselves x

Any breastmilk is good for LO, as much as you can manage. Your milk changes through the day and as you get to night time it has hormones in that encourage sleepiness so actively helps get LO off to sleep so if you can try and make sure the 'last feed' in the evening is a bf then it helps LO know its night time and get to sleep.

The girls are right any breast milk you can give Jax is better than none, maybe try offering breast at night when you can too x

Any breast milk you can give ur baby is good for him, no matter how much!

Good on you for keeping at it.

:)

According to my LO you can never have enough! Definitely some is better than none, it is what nature intended them to have after all :)

Defo! You are feeding yourself for a good part of the day so that is fantastic. As you baby grows they will feed less often so you will be able to manage all the feeds yourself. My son now only feeds 3 times a day, and I'm hoping to cut that down to twice a day or less after the new year!

Definitely, can only reiterate what others have said. It's rich with the best stuff a baby can have. Keep at it!! xx

Jasper is now 17 months and feeds in the morning only, we get into bed together, have a snuggle and both dooze and he feeds for an hour or so, it's just lovely

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back