Is a pregnancy pillow worth it?

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by CornishGirl, Feb 24, 2016.

1. CornishGirl

CornishGirl Well-Known Member

Hi all,

I used to sleep on my front but I'm getting to a stage now where that is uncomfortable. I've tried sleeping on my side to get used to it for when I 'need' to, but I keep waking up on my back which seems to be my subconscious next preferred position. I've tried using normal bed pillows to prop myself up but seem to wake up on my back hugging these! :oooo:

So are pregnancy pillows worth it? I've found one on Amazon for under £30 called a Carla cuddle me pregnancy pillow which looks comfy.

2. Dgreen10

Dgreen10 Active Member

Hi I have one and I have to say it's amazing totally worth the money !

3. MariaIsabella

MariaIsabella Well-Known Member

4. YorksLass

YorksLass Well-Known Member

Definitely worth it if you have pgp - helps a little with getting the hips in the right position! x

5. fairyprincess

fairyprincess Well-Known Member

Definitely worth it, I've been using one for a few weeks already and can't sleep without it- DH is getting jealous lol! X

6. naomi88

naomi88 Well-Known Member

So so worth it. Had one last time and got it down from the attic again last week - so much more comfortable now!! Xxx

7. kittykitchn

kittykitchn Well-Known Member

My sister bought me one of the 6ft sausage pregnancy pillows for Christmas, but I have no idea what to do with it or how to make the most of it?! Where do I put it and how should I lay with it?
    I'm relatively comfortable at night still, but getting hip pain when laying on my side for extended periods. I toss and turn a lot, so would it just be a hindrance to have in bed with me?

#7 kittykitchn, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
  8. KEW

KEW Well-Known Member

I have a dreamgeni pillow and wouldn't be without it now!! I have to admit I was in the same situation as kittykitchn to begin with, didn't get on with it because I was tossing and turning and it would just wake me up. I put it back in the bag until I was about 30 weeks when I couldn't sleep without a pillow between my knees as a was always trying to roll on to my tummy. I rely on it now to stop me rolling on to tummy or back, and to be honest the tossing and turning isn't really a problem as by the time you get this far I find I couldn't roll over without waking up anyway, and I need the loo every 2hrs anyway!!! Got to love pregnancy.........