Irregular periods since TTC

emma_85

Reaction score
TTC really is not as straight forward as sperm meets egg!!

I'm quite strict with logging my periods on an app that I have, and before TTC my cycles were like clockwork - ok, give and take 1 or 2 days. Since TTC though my periods have been so unpredictable, my last period was 10 days late. Obviously with trying for a baby, I became convinced that I was pregnant and started symptom spotting. I noticed things that I haven't had before, and I can only assume I just haven't noticed them before, but how I haven't is beyond me!

Has anyone else had irregular periods since TTC? I've tried googling it, but only found posts from other people in the same position making enquiries, I've not found any concrete evidence as such for me to be able to understand what is going on. Is it just my brain playing mind games or am I having a bizarre reaction to sperm?!

I'm not due on for another 6 days, but I have felt some tightness (it's almost sore) in my pelvic area. On Saturday I stood up from the sofa and felt a sharp stab on the left side, now I seem to have the tightness to the right. I'm trying not to build my hopes up as I'm not sure if it is ovulation pains. That said, according to my app, I ovulated between 3rd-9th Feb. This seems accurate as I did have EWCM, which is usual for me during ovulation.

It's all so confusing! I'm more concerned about my irregular periods since TTC. I just can't get my head around why they would suddenly start being so unreliable at the same time as TTC. Anyone heard of this, or had it happen to them?

Do you take folic acid? If yes then it makes the cycles a lot longer. X

I only started taking folic acid yesterday - I picked up the severn seas "trying for a baby", it contains folic acid, zinc and vitmain D. I saw it and thought, why not! It can't have been that. I'm really puzzled.

This may not be the case for you but the fight/flight hormones cortisol & adrenaline can both mess with the normal hormones required to regulate your cycles, so even if you don't feel 'stressed' as such, subconsciously if you are now focusing on trying to get pregnant you may be releasing more of those hormones and it's knocked things out of whack. I think this is why there are so many people chilling out /going on a relaxing holiday and suddenly getting pregnant after months or years of trying.

As for the random symptoms we all suddenly notice in the 2ww, I think lots of these have always been there - we've just not been monitoring so intensely before :)

Last edited:
I take all vitamins too, except Folic acid. May be you had some changes in life or stress? x

I haven't noticed feeling stressed as such, and certainly no life changes. Perhaps I am and I haven't noticed. I just feel it is a real coincidence that i'm suddenly not as on the ball with my periods as I was before. I'll see what happens in 6 days time when I'm due on. Fingers crossed AF will stay away and I'll get a BFP!

This has happened to me too but I don't think it's the folic acid as I've taken it in the past but been ok. I've just put it down to coinsidence x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back