Irrational sausage rant!

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Loueeza, Jul 15, 2013.

1. Loueeza

Loueeza Member

A bit of a random one, but possibly blameable on pregnancy touchiness and cravings ;)

Last night we BBQed the last pack of yummy British sausages (pork and bramble apple!) that we brought back with us from the UK in May. There were 2 left which were intended for my supper tonight and I spent all day fantasising about what I would do with them, before deciding on mac & cheese with sausage chunks - YUM! Anyway - I get home and start up the mac n cheese then go to the fridge to find the sausages and they were NOT THERE.

Turns out my OH had forgotten to bring them in last night from the BBQ so they'd been sitting out all night :censored: Proper sausages is something that they just don't do over here, so it will be a few months before I can get my hands on any more. So disappointed I almost cried - oh dear....maybe a slight overreaction, but it feels good to vent :oooo:

2. k8_005

k8_005 Well-Known Member

Awww bless u xx

3. BeeSmall

BeeSmall Well-Known Member

Ah there's nothing worse than when you've been looking forward to something so much!! I hate that feeling x

4. umbongo

umbongo Well-Known Member

I totally understand you!!! I'd have gone ballistic!! I'm so precious over food!!! Grrrrrrr! How bloody annoying!!!!!! Xx

5. Loueeza

Loueeza Member

Thanks all - good to know I'm not alone in my crazy food obsessions ;-)

6. JoeyClare

JoeyClare Well-Known Member

I'd have felt exactly the same. It's bad enough wanting something and then not having it, but when you're pregnant it's horrendous. I'd been craving a tuna and pasta bake that I used to get all the time from Marks and Spencers. I hadn't had it for a while and the craving was totally random. When i went to go and buy one, they'd stopped doing it! I could have cried in the middle of the shop.

7. umbongo

umbongo Well-Known Member

I've been wanting a proper iced bun since tri 1, not a supermarket one as they ate slimy. Cannot get them for love nor money in Cov! No bakeries seem to make them anymore! It's driving me mad!!! :-(