Irrational fear taking over :(

kanga86

Reaction score
I am at work cleaning and just had this overwhelming feeling that something is wrong with Roo! :cry: it has come out of nowhere and I don't know what to do with myself.

I don't finish work til 12.30 so have no access to my Doppler to reassure myself and he hasn't kicked yet this morning. None of the usual things get him to kick, what do u ladies do to get LO to move about abit? :( xxx

Cold water but even that is startin to fail for me, maybe coz I do it often. Also if your busy you may not notice.-know how u feel I've been going through the same. X

Poor you :hug: I though at the second trimester I am done with that fear but I see that it will probably never go away...I am sure LO is fine, just probably sleeping there, getting ready for viability day. Really not long now for that:love: and omg kanga you are getting married in 6 days :faint:

Oh honey this is perfectly normal the irrational fear and little roo not moving, around this time Bug went reeeeaaalllyyy quiet and I ended up going to the docs to listen in, try not to panic and when you get home get that doppler on your belly :) I am sure he is fine just having a quiet moment.

To get Bug moving I tend to drink a huge cup of tea normally works well or sit in a really awkward position xxxxx

Hey hunny, try not to stress. My SIL recently rang me in a complete panic because she couldn't feel her LO (she was around 23 weeks too), she rang the midwife and they found her little monkey had turned towards her back and snuggled right up near her ribs so in that position she couldn't feel anything. If you are concerned give your midwife a call hun, that's what she's there for.

I was worried because I'm still not feeling a huge amount of regular movement , but I'm trying to stay calm and remember Peanut is safe and snug and so is little Roo. Big hugs xxx

I'm 23 weeks and still not feeling a massive amount of movement. It does worry me. I'd be lost without my Doppler now xxx

Thank u ladies :love: really not sure what came over me this morning! Ii wasn't even really thinking about Roo cos I was busy, then bang I felt really sad something had happened.

I am now back home after keping myself busy at work and been on my Doppler for ages listening to Roos heartbeat and kicks as felt movements too. It's the only thing that really gets him moving around :) feeling much happier now I know everything is ok :) xxx

Poor you :hug: I though at the second trimester I am done with that fear but I see that it will probably never go away...I am sure LO is fine, just probably sleeping there, getting ready for viability day. Really not long now for that:love: and omg kanga you are getting married in 6 days :faint:

Yeah although it is easier here in tri 2, I do find myself getting panicky still just not as much as tri 1. I know this time next week I will be getting ready to go to the church, for the ceremony at 3pm :dance: so excited and nervous, but looking forward to it :D xxx

dont panic hun sure all is well x

Glad all is well Kanga, knew it would be anyway, i have paranoid moments, its bloody awful, i tend to just give my head a shake and tell myself i've only got 17 weeks and 6 days to go lol!

Cant believe how quickly the wedding is creeping up :D hope u have a fabby day hun, i'm sure everything will be perfect :) xx

Last edited:
23rd week of pregnancy marks a tremendous fetal growth spurt, which means they sleep a lot more and that's why you feel less movement, as long as you feel something everything is ok so don't worry xxx

Well I'm pretty sure I'm still not feeling ANYTHING so thank goodness for my dopplar haha!

Just think hun, it's your maternal instincs kicking in already, we are going to spend the rest of our lives worrying about one thing or another!!

Ohhhh you must be so excited about next week!!xx

I'm really glad little Roo is ok in there. I still get paranoid when I don't feel my little one kick for a while, I think it's completely normal and understandable.

Just think, soon we'll be having almighty kicks in the ribs that hurt!! My daughter used to get her feet inbetween mine! Ouch!!

I'm glad his movements aren't as high as my ribs yet! Definitely not looking forward to that happening lol xx

Ah Kanga :hugs: glad everything is ok & hope you have a fantastic wedding day :) xxx

Awww bless ya hunny. So glad LO is ok. Think I may get my doppler out too. Never actually beard anything with it but I know shes ok as she's currently playing the bongos on my ribs!!
Not pleasant at all!! X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back