Iriki's Water Birth

Iriki

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Well we've done it!!
Chloe has arrived :) I woke up in the morning of 20/12 with period type cramps, nothing bad at all, but because we live so far from hospital (over an hour) about 10am ish we decided to make our way to the hospital and drop our son off with his nanny on the way.
Got to the hospital around 11.30, was examined and was 7cms dilated...yay me!!
Midwife asked if I wanted to hop in the pool... And that was it, I didn't leave it till she was born :)
Contractions really amped up while in the pool but pain was very manageable with some deep breathing and I found the warm water really soothing. About 4pm, things really started to get going, my waters broke with a HUGE splash:shock: at 4.10pm and by 4.12, her head was on the way out!!
I had a hands off birth so midwife, literally "talked me through" the birth, telling me when to push and when to just breath. Her head popped out at 4.15pm and the rest of her arrived at 4.20pm.
I put my hands down as her shoulders and body came out and lifted her up through the water to me.....totally amazing, absolutely unforgetable , watching her looking at me under the water as she came up towards me...... And then hearing that first breath and cry. I was sobbing like a child!!! And I'm not a mushy mushy type :)
Hubby cut the cord after a while, and Chloe and I just lay in the pool for about an hour, before hoping out and delivering the placenta. I went for a shower, hubby had skin to skin with little missy, and then we all moved upstairs to our room.
Had no stitches, no tears, no grazes ..... And as had no drugs I felt fantastic and little missy was very alert and looking round happily at everything.

She has fed like a dream.... Sleeps in 3.5 or 4 hourly intervals, day and night and is just fantastic!! We're all in love with her!!

We stayed in hospital for 5 days as she developed some jaundice and needed some time on a phototherapy bed...so we arrived home on Christmas Eve. I will post some photos shortly, but just wanted to put our birth story up, so anyone who is worried or anxious about the labour or birth process can see that it can be a wonderful experience too. :dance::lol:

Well done you, sounds like you had an amazing birth experiance. Congratulations again hunny, cant wait to see some pics of your little lady x x

Well done and congrats :) Sounds like a wonderful birth xx

The birth sounds just perfect. Well done you. I'm glad you got her home for Xmas too. Big congrats.

What a fantastic story. Well done and welcome to the world little Chloe :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Sounds absolutely perfect and about as blissful as giving birth can be! Congratulations again x x

fantastic, thats such a wonderful birth, I couldnt imagine better! well done super mum! :yay: cant wait to see her pics :love:

What a fantastic birth story, congratulations mrs!! Well done x

Sounds so peaceful!!!!!! That's what I want congratulations xxxx

Sounds like a wonderful birth hun :) I wanted a water birth but couldn't because of being induced. Amazing story, congratulations again hun xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back