Investigating Miscarriage

MaybeMummy

Reaction score
Having m/c'd 2 possibly 3 times now, My Gynae has mentioned the possibility of investigating my m/c.

Its being done because I suffer so badly with AF inc very heavy clotting everymonth and what not.

I conceivd natuarally in Jan 2007 and then via Clomid in Nov 2007 and both ended in m/c.

Does anyone know what happens during these investigations?

Thanks in advance girls :hug:

i went to the dr last week about my mc, but they wont do any yet, as they only class me as having 2 miscarriages.
she said that if it happened again then she would refer and they would do blood tests, and swabs to see if there was an infection like clamydia. she didn't say any more than that.

do you think you are mc again now? I'm so sorry :(

I had investigationbut they didnt find anything which is good i guess but confusing too so have to hang onto hope...

They take your bloods for different things like clotting tb a few other things, if its genetic they would test for this..

x

*Star* said:
i went to the dr last week about my mc, but they wont do any yet, as they only class me as having 2 miscarriages.
she said that if it happened again then she would refer and they would do blood tests, and swabs to see if there was an infection like clamydia. she didn't say any more than that.

do you think you are mc again now? I'm so sorry :(

No not m/c at the minute. I always have regular swabs and stuff done for chlamydia and other things anyway as im under the care of a gynae and they insist even though its only OH I bd with.

I was screened after my first m/c and they found I was carrying Group B Strep but they wont say whether that may be a cause or anything.

Think we'll just have to resign ourselves to not knowing and praying it doesnt happen again :hug:

i hope you get the answers you need hun sending you hugs :hug: :hug:

Hi there,

I had some tests done after my 2nd miscarriage a couple of years ago.

Basically I had to go to hospital about 3 times in all, at set times over the course of my monthly cycle. From what I can recall I had between 3-5 vials of blood taken at each session to check different things.... sorry for being vague, but can't remember what exactly they were all for.

My OH at the time also had blood taken on one occasion.

I had an appointment at hospital for the results & was basically told everything was fine for both me & OH and there was no reason why I shouldn't concieve naturally and have a healthy pregnancy.

The lady who saw me basically said the one thing that was known to have a factor on miscarriages was stress, so that next time I fell preggers I should take a couple of weeks off work at my 'critical time' (for both MCs the embryo stopped developing at around 7-8weeks) and chill out.

Good luck to you all. :hug:

Zodiac said:
Hi there,

I had some tests done after my 2nd miscarriage a couple of years ago.

Basically I had to go to hospital about 3 times in all, at set times over the course of my monthly cycle. From what I can recall I had between 3-5 vials of blood taken at each session to check different things.... sorry for being vague, but can't remember what exactly they were all for.

My OH at the time also had blood taken on one occasion.

I had an appointment at hospital for the results & was basically told everything was fine for both me & OH and there was no reason why I shouldn't concieve naturally and have a healthy pregnancy.

The lady who saw me basically said the one thing that was known to have a factor on miscarriages was stress, so that next time I fell preggers I should take a couple of weeks off work at my 'critical time' (for both MCs the embryo stopped developing at around 7-8weeks) and chill out.

Good luck to you all. :hug:

Really so the whole process isnt really that useful then? :?

So I take it your a third time lucky then? :D

The last m/c I didnt sleep for days and was totally hyper.

So the next time I get preg, the best thing is to just chill and take a few weeks off work?- thats sounds nice :D

Thanks hun x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back