Introduction!

Carly

Reaction score
Hi,
Just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Carly, 21yrs old with a 4yr old son. 26+4 with my 2nd son. Hope to hear from some of you soon.

Hi Carly

Congratulations on the pregnancy. Hows it all going so far?

Hows your little boy reacting to the news that he is gouing to be big brother? LOL

Im Sian and I have tow little ones, Mia whose 4 and Seth whose 21 months and me and dh are ttc number three at the moment.

Hope the pregnancy is going well and look after that bump!

Sian xxxxx

Hi Sian,

Thank you for your reply!

My pregnancy was not too great at first but now I have no complaints. My 4yr old is over the moon that he is going to have a little brother to play with. His name is Aedan & he is VERY excited.

I love both your children's names. If I had been expecting a girl this time round we were dead keen on the name Mia, but we got boy number two & decided on Kyle :)

Anyway I wish you all the luck in the world with TTC number three. Keep me informed & I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Hi Carly and boy bump

Thank you so much for replying and Im glad everything is going well with the pregnancy. So Aedan is really excited that he is going to be a big brother then? That must be a huge weight off your mind.

That is a really beautiful name Aedan and I think if we succed inn ttc ing then that may have to be thought of as a possible name. LOL

Thank you the compliment about their names, Everyone we knew thought we'd named Seth after the bloke out of Emmerdale but hubby is originally from South Africa and its quite popular name for boys there.

Let me know how the pregnancy goes on wont you and if im lucky to recieve baby dust I will let you know as well. Im setting up a Hotmail account at the moment so maybe we could email each other?

Glad its all going well

Sian xxx

Hi Sian,

I'm glad too that Aedan is happy about having a little brother & yes it was very relieving to know he wasn't unhappy about not being the only child anymore.

I'm glad to hear that you like my little boys name. I think Seth is a lovely name. I love the way it is spelt, hence the spelling of Aedan instead of Aidan. I like unusual spellings.

I will be certain to keep you informed of my pregnancy & will be keeping my fingers tightly crossed for your TTC.

Good luck & speak soon, Carly & boy bump x x

Hi AmberNicole,

Thanks for your welcoming message.

Hi Carly

Hows the pregnancy going? that bump getting bigger now no doubt. Thanks for the kind words and Im glad everyything is going well. We are still ttc and as yet no luck.

I have pm'd you with my email address, hope to hear from you soon if you would like to.

Sian xxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Sian,

Yeah the bump is definately growing. Just found out I am a carrier of GBS, which has really freaked me out.

My midwife reassured me that it'll be ok if I have IV antibiotics during labor. Still really sacred though!

I'm afraid I can't set up an e-mail account with NTL for some reason, which is who supplies my internet connection. So can only chat in Forum, sorry & hope to still hear from you in the forum.

Still got my fingers crossed :)

Hi carly
congrats on the pregnancy, i was just wondering if you could offer me some advice as it appears you were a young mum, i am only 19 and bit worried as to how i will cope, i got married in dec 04 coz my man is in the army and we ove each other loads (and get a house so we can be together) good job coz now pg. my man doesn't want the baby coz he feels he's too young (he's 23) whatever!!!!! any way if you don't mind telling me how did u do it? were you on your own?
i look forward to hearing from you
Lisa
xxxxxxxxxx

Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry to hear that your DH is not as keen as you to have a baby, but that never stopped me!

I was a young mum, Just 17! I found out when I was 6weeks. The father & I had split by then. When I told him I was pregnant with his baby, he said he didn't believe it was his. (He was the one & only person I had slept with!!)

So, I offered him a DNA test which he took & was proved wrong (the baby was his) He said I am too young to be a dad. He was only 19, but I was only 17.

Anyway he left & moved to Isle of Wight when I was just 8 weeks pregnant. He has never seen his son & has never offered or given me any money for his son. No visits, birthday cards or phonecalls.

I just think that he has lost out on so much. Watching his son grow, take his first step, say his first words. It is the most amazing feeling in the world when your child's eyes light up when you walk in the room, when they smile at you, or say I love you mummy & he missed all that by walking away.

I won't say it was easy bringing a child up on your own (especially at a young age!) But I would do it all again to have my son. He is my life & I don't regret losing my teen years at all!

Hope this helps!

If you have anymore questions, just ask I will be happy to help.

thank you for that.

he said he will be there but the only thing i worry about is him not really caring about the baby. one of my very good friends has got a 10 month old little girl and when she is here he doesn't even look at her, i think that he will be like that with ours!!!! every one says they change when they see the baby but i don't think he will.

good on you for doing it on your own, did u have support from your family?

lisa
xxxx

Hi Carly

Sorry to hear about the GBS, dont try to worry to much as its treatable and you can have a normal birth, my sister contracted it twice and has two normal deliveries

Course i will keep in touch on here x

Sian xxxxxxxx

Hi Lisa,

I honestly can't say I know he will change when he sees the baby, but him saying he will be there is a start. He is probably still in shock at the moment, needing to get his head around becoming a dad.

My other half (22yrs) is over the moon about having a baby now & can't wait to meet his son, but wasn't too Keen at first. So fingers crossed for you, all will be fine!

As for bringing up my son alone. I lived at home for 11months with my mum & she helped as much as she could, but she works nights. So alot of the time it was just me & baby & although it was very hard I loved & still love being a mum.

Hi Sian,

My midwife told me the same thing about GBS. A lot of women carry it & have normal deliveries.

Your message about your sister being a carrier & having two normal births has helped to ease my mind a little more. Thank you!

Glad to hear you will keep in touch via forum :)
Speak soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back