Introducing cows milk at 1yr+ and ?giving up bottles

jojo_2012

Reaction score
Lewis is 1 on the 31st. I've forgotten how to do this should I do a straight up swap or slowly mix more into his formula?

Also I was thinking of switching 1 bottle a day to a cup but letting him wean himself off the bedtime bottle. Does that sound like a good plan?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mum to 2 handsome boys. Can't see tickers on iPhone blah blah blah

H is now having two bottles a day one first thing and one at night. We plan to give him toddler milk in the morning till he drops that and cows milk at night, we gave him toddler milk this morning and will continue giving him his normal formula till it runs out then give cows milk straight off for his bedtime bottle. I am introducing a sippy cup for his morning bottle but will continue with a bottle at bedtime for the foreseeable future.
Xxx

I think it depends on your lo. Mine loved cows milk straight away so we were able to do a straight swap with no problems but it may take a while for lo to get used to the new taste so you may have to wean gradually.
Introducing a cup/beaker is a good idea. We did this and I think lo actually liked the independence of feeding himself and he could walk around with his milk while still playing etc. Eventually we swapped all drinks to beakers and it was fine.
Good luck x

He uses a cup for juice already so shouldn't be a problem in that respect. Will give him a cup of cows milk tomorrow and see what he thinks. We still use stage 1 it's just a top up when breastfeeding isn't enough.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Mum to 2 handsome boys. Can't see tickers on iPhone blah blah blah

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back