Introducing......Abigail Rose Burt

emma28

Reaction score
Well, we went to the hospital for 8.30 am and got booked in and unpacked, all was quiet, calm and nice. My room was massive and en- suite so I was well impressed...and then the Dr came to talk me through the C section. He said I would have to have staples which out of everything freaked me right out :oops:

We walked down to the operating theatre and I sat on the edge of the table while the anaethetist popped the spinal in. Then I lay there talking to my midwives while they argued over which christmas cd to put on. Eventually I asked when they were gonna start, only to be told that they had....20 mins ago :cheer:

After that I was aware of what was going on a bit more, but just because I was concentrating on it...and it just felt like she was kicking about a bit. The anaethetist disapeared off for a while to google where the name Abigail was on the top 100 list. That was a bit scary, but just cos I thought he should be there, not because I needed him to be.

Then when they took her out, it was the most surreal amazing moment. Still find it hard to believe that she was actually inside me :shock:

Within an hour of being in HDU I could move again and within the 4hrs I had to stay I was on my feet and raring to go :rotfl: (We were discharged in 47hrs) :cheer:

The pain after the operation was nothing like I remember it being last time although they say an emergency section is completly different to an elective one. The wierdest thing is hearing the snip of the scissors and the snap of the stapler. The drugs they give you must be good though, because I had to try hard not to laugh, when the thought now could make me sick.

One week on now, and I'm 90% back to normal. I can sleep on my stomach,cough, laugh and sneeze without peeing :dance: and look at my baby girl with wonder and awe. For someone who wanted a boy, and cried at my 20 week scan, I am SO pleased I have a daughter. She's tiny (6lb14) and beautiful and just perfect. (most unlike her mum) :rotfl: :rotfl:

23122007352.jpg

is truly lovely.

Thanks for your help the other day with the c-section questions. Hope i do as well as you :hug:

Told ya didnt I!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

So glad u enjoyed ur experince hun, and Abigail is trully beautiful :hug: :hug: :hug:

its so nice to hear when people have good experiances with their birth, and she is one beautifull lil girl xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back