Internet Cheapies

babyscotcher

Reaction score
Hi girls

Background- I have a gorgeous little boy who is 11months old. Slightly concerned that I might have slipped up with my pill about a month ago and as I have no periods on the pill and also get pregnancy type symptoms when on contraction sometimes too I want to do a test just to make sure. I feel horrid saying this on here, as know what it feels like to really crave a baby, but hoping it is negative as financially we really can't cope with another right now and after the trauma of my lb I am not emotionally ready either.

I have bought some Internet Cheapies from amazon that should be delivered next door. They are just the test strips which I haven't used before. Can I assume that the best thing to do is use fmu to pee in a pot and then test or can you still use like a normal mid stream?

Thanks

I tested with literally a £1 cheapie from wilko's! sometimes you find these are slightly more sensitive anyway and will pick up a better result earlier on! Once I got a positive from a cheapie I then used a clear blue & asda dig, within 2 days I'd spent about £30 on tests because I couldn't believe it lol! Good luck!! xx

ICs are a bit dodgy - some ladies here find they give false results. You might be better with a frer

If they are the strip type. You dip them in a pot. Most ICs work fine and are good value for money. If you are trying to get a super early result several days before your missed period then a FRER will give you a slightly clearer and earlier result. They do have the tendency to give evaps but as long as you read them at the right time and dont spend too much time squinting at shadow lines you should be fine :)

Last edited:
IC's have never worked for me. On all three of my pregnancies I was nearly 7 weeks pregnant before they gave me a faint line

I got a false BFP on IC in march. I was absolutely gutted! But they did give me a genuine BFP this month x

I got 2 IC from poundland - I used one 3 days before AF was due, then when AF didn't arrive, I used the second one. I got faint BFP on both so then I went to Tesco and bought a frer duo pack for £6 and 1 came up BFP again so I didn't test anymore after that.
I agree with Bunny too, read them at the right time and don't spend too long looking at them :) I know most people take a photo on their phone at the time and then turn it to a 'negative' to get a clearer picture.
Hope this helps

Thanks girls. If I am pregnant then would be around 6 weeks so shouldn't be a squinter. I tried a poundland mid flow yesterday but it was an invalid test. Will see what happens.

Had a heart to heart with my OH about my fears this evening though which has made me feel much better what ever the result is. X

You should get a clear result by 6 weeks.

I understand why you are worried about being pregnant. If it turns out you are I am sure you will also be happy about it once you have a bit of time to get over the shock :).

Last edited:
Did 2 tests this morning and came back negative. Got a couple of spares just in case.

Wont lie that I am relieved. I want a second baby but we are definately not ready yet after everything that happened last time.

Thanks for the help everyone. X

I'm happy for you. I'm sure you are relieved. Hopefully you will be back with your BFP when its the right time :).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back