internals - worried

BeckyJ

Reaction score
hi girlies

im a first timer and time seems to be flying by and as it does im starting to worry :( none of my friends have had babies so i have no one to chat to or get advice from :(

ive never had an internal and the thought petrifies me :shock:

when will i have one and do they hurt? what happens?

hiya,

i had one last friday night because i thought i was leaking water but i wasnt..

nerves and worrying about it will make it worse.
it doesnt hurt, its just uncomfortable, but that goes as soon as they've finished doing it.
and when she had finished, i actually asked her if that was it, because it was so quick, i couldnt believe she had done it already.

you'll be fine. once its over you will wonder what you were worrying about.. honestly.. i'd say it takes less than two minutes :hug:

midna said:
When your in labour they will just put there fingers up there to see how your dilating once in a while but you wont hardly notice with the contractions.
yeah i was going to say that

i didnt go over my due date so dont kno what sweep feels like, the only internals i had were to see how dilated i was in labour, it was literally just the MW sticking her fingers up by front bum hehe
its not uncomfortable at all well i didnt notice anyway i was in labour and that was hurting so i hardly noticed every time she stuck her fingers up

I barely noticed mine in labour cos of everything else going on, it was when I was first induced that I found it a bit uncomfortable. It is over really quickly though.

midna said:
When your in labour they will just put there fingers up there to see how your dilating once in a while but you wont hardly notice with the contractions.

Cooor I remember feeling it esp when she had her hand up then when I was having a contraction, I nearly kicked the MW in the face cause she wouldnt move her hand :lol:

But honestly it really isnt that bad and the MW's don't care they see it everyday and not one bit does it bother them, if it did then they wouldnt be a MW! Its probably easy for me to say because Im not in your situation at the moment but once you're holding your LO in your arms everything that happened during the past 9 months will be a blur

hey hun,

i had internals alot but i was induced and blummin amber didnt want to come out so the longer she held on the more pesseries i had to have and so more internals!!

It is fine, you cope with it at the time because you know baby is coming :)

xx

Princess puddles i had he same as you, I shoved the midwifes hand away from me, i did say sorry to her though. Same as any pain though, once its gone you forget about it

It's really nothing to worry about, and the more relaxed you feel the better, simply because if you're anxious you'll sieze-up as it were :hug:

Unless you go past your EDD, you'll only have an internal when you're admitted to hospital, so they can check your dilation, and during labour if they need to feel for LO's position, or they may need to attach a heartbeat probe to LO internally. Like others have said, once you're established and dilating anyway you really shouldn't feel much, if anything :hug:

... and if it really hurts ask for gas and air! That's what I did as during the first internal it was like getting abused (and by a woman - shocking). The second was MUCH gentler, but because they were also breaking my waters I asked for gas and air and didn't feel a thing

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back