Internal scans

Mummybexee

Reaction score
So! Anyone had one?

I'm ringing EPAU tomorrow and going to try get an early scan as I am so stressed and paranoid I need to put my mind at ease- not sure at 7 weeks tomoz they will want to do an internal- anyone had an internal at +7 weeks before?

If I can't get one on NHS ill go private .... However want to get my monies worth from NHS if I can!

Still no massive preg signs and last preg resulted in mmc at 7 weeks with 11 week sac found at 12 week scan- so I'm anxious as I'm at 7 weeks now...

I went to the epu at 8 and a half and they managed to see the little one with a normal scan. If they need to do an internal scan they should. They told me that if they couldn't see the little one on the normal scan they would do an internal one. Good luck x

Hi

I had an internal scan done about a week or so ago and according to the scan I was at 6 weeks of pregnancy although I argue with this loool. So yes it can be done on the NHS, mine was done through the early pregnancy clinic

I had early scan at EPU after being referred by GP. I was 6+5 and healthy strong heartbeat. I was told it'd be internal but the managed an abdominal on an empty bladder x

If the epu won't do it, see if your GP will refer you for a reassurance scan. With last pregnancy I had scans weekly from 5 weeks till almost 11 weeks. All done internally. They get a better view in the early weeks.

I think if you go and explain you had a mmc before then they will see you. Good luck!

EPU won't see me- because there's no pains or bleeding

Private scan I guess now!

i had one at 6 and 9 and 10 weeks with my daughter and had one at 4-5 weeks with this pregnancy and may have one next week at 7 weeks not sure yet thou they try belly one first lol xx

I had a hunch epu would say that. They did my scan due to bleeding. I can only imagine what you must be feeling. Fingers crossed everything goes well for you xxx

Ill keep you guys posted :)

Will call them when I can get some time alone at work

EPU won't see me- because there's no pains or bleeding

Private scan I guess now!

Ring your GP and see if they will refer you. I had miscarriage end of May, so I'm waiting on date now. I actually rang GP earlier, and they haven't even sent the letter and I saw doctor 2 weeks ago! So I rang epu direct, told her what was going on. And she said she will sort out appointment for me if they don't get letter in next week.

Just call them back in a few days and tell them you've started having strong cramps then they will scan you, they scanned me because I was having mild cramps.

Im a big believer is karma and I don't want to lie for the sake of a scan to be honest-if they won't see me ill pay - I'm an honest person and Even though its a white lie I don't feel comfortable doing it.

However I'm tempted to just wait for 12 wk scan.. I dunno ....

Being honest if you have no bleeding or anything I would try and wait for your 12 week scan. However you need to do what is best for you. I hope you get sorted either way x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back