Internal scan - EPU

Boohoo7

Reaction score
Hi ladies x
So I'm 4-5 weeks pregnant and have had bleeding so went to dr today and I'm due to go for an internal scan Wednesday x
Has anyone had one ! ? This stage in pregnancy?
How was it x any advice would be fab x
Thank you

I had an internal the last pregnancy, I wasn't as early though. I didn't want to read and run. It's nothing to be too worried about, a bit uncomfortable but it's fine.

I'm bleeding as well :( I had one when based on my lmp i would have been 6 weeks (friday) but they think i'm earlier than expected or i'm having an ectopic because they couldnt see anything.

I had one in my last pregnancy where it didn't hurt (its quite big but they put lube on it) but this time they had a good look at my ovaries and it was a bit painful. Its worth it to know whats going on in there though :)

If they can't see anything, theyll do blood tests to check/monitor your hcg levels.

Hope you're ok xxx

I had an internal scan a few times they're not too bad I don't think. And you will most probably just see a sac I'm surprised they're scanning you this early as its too early for a heartbeat so you will just have to go back anyway xx

I agree ^ my doctor told me they wouldn't scan me until i was 6weeks xxx

I think it's because I had a possible early miscarriage before this months pregnancy they may think I'm been pregnant ever since but not sure :-( oh I'm worried !!!i guess I just want to k ow either way so it's confirmed xx
Thanks for all your advice and help ladies xxx
So I should expect to see a sac at this stage !!!!??? X

I had an internal scan last week, I was 5wks and 4 days. There was black circle with a little dot in it which was the beginning of the yolk sac. It is very early so don't be disheartened if you don't see anything. I had my scan that early to rule out ectopic x

I thought when i went for my scan on friday that id have a difinitive answer of what was happening and i still don't and i still probably wont tomorrow. I agree, dont feel disheartened if they don't see anything and you have to bloods and then have them taken again 2 days later xxx

Thank you both! Xx
Hope you get the results you want too!!!! X
Lets wait and see for Wednesday x

In January I had a suspected ectopic I was 4-5 weeks and they just saw a sac they said to me they only scanned to see if it was in the right place or not. I think an early scan will cause more worry for you if they don't see anything. I do hope you see something though xxx

It was the same for me, when i didnt see anything i worried more xxx

Thank you x I shall let you know x I guess as I've been on this situation before I will just know either way would be nice

I had 2 early scans. First one when I was 5 weeks 2 days to check from ectopic.
I seen the sac an was happy that I wasn't having an ectopic..
They brought me back 2 weeks later an I seen the little heart beat.
I felt content after the second scan knowing that things where goin to plan as I was/still am worried of loosing my little bump..
Hope ur scan goes well xx

Thank you babyk x
Scan tommorow x I'm not feeling very positive at the moment but I'm not going to go there and think the worst xx
I shall update as and when ! I'm pretty sure it will be " no real news" x
Thank you x

Hi all
A quick update - I'm sad to say I have had a miscarriage
Thanks for support as you prob understanding I'm leaving this forum
So thanks again

Hi all
A quick update - I'm sad to say I have had a miscarriage
Thanks for support as you prob understanding I'm leaving this forum
So thanks again

So sorry :( and sorry that your leaving ! X

So sorry to hear hun sames happening to me. Before you leave, the miscarriage and loss section has been very helpful. Hope you're ok xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back