Interesting Pregnancy!

Tineke

Reaction score
Why am I not tired or anything?

I have my ups and downs during this pregnancy but even an off day only lasts a few hours then I am fine again. A few scares YES, but only tightenings and BH but I am just learning this as I go.

My point is that I am now 37 weeks pregnant and I still have all the energy I had at the beginning of this pregnancy and before. I still run around like a headless chicken and people look at me and say things like, " Oh, you are due any time now, are you not tired? shouldn't you be resting? bla...bla...bla.... I mean pregnancy is no illness at all, nor should it be looked as though it is, BUT should I be feeling something or am I just going to be WAY overdue...

I was goiing to the toilet 2 times a night a few weeks ago, now it's only once and baby kicks all the time, I get achy at times but nothing slows me down. I know I shouldn't be complaining, but this just doesn't feel like pregnancy sometimes.

The only time in my pregnancy when I was really tired was from weeks 27 - 30 where I would see my bed and just want to sleep, so I would sleep for 3 hours during the day, then I would be fine. I had achy legs for a week or so a few weeks ago now nothing.

I hope I don't regret saying these things tomorrow and then everything will hit me... LOL

Does anyone else feel this way?

I have days where I can go on non stop then have other days where by lunchtime I'm knackered. But mainly I'm trying to be good and not overdo things to much and get most of my 'jobs' done in the morning then I can chill in the afternoon. Couldnt just sit on my backside for the next few weeks, I also think maybe if I keep active this little one will arrive on time! I did an hour of gardening the other day and got a couple of strong BH afterwards, they were the first I have had where they were uncomfortable all the others just make my belly go like a rock! Dont generally feel them to badly

I think you're just one of the lucky ones, some people sail through pregnancy some find it a struggle. We all have off days but if you're having more good than bad then good on ya!!

Hmmm ... until today I'd've said the same. A week or so again I was saying to people 'if it weren't for the bump it would be easy to forget I'm pregnant!' because I was feeling just fine!!

Now I'm back to being incredibly tired again like I was in the first months. Not sleeping well at night and feeling knackered all day. But I'm sure that if I could get enough sleep I'd be just fine, certainly haven't had a bad back or sore hips or any of the other things people talk about. Touch wood!!

Once the nausea passed (which wasn't till about 19 weeks) I have felt really good - my midwife said that many women find their third really uncomfortable but I have really enjoyed this pregnancy. Feel a bit tired some days but then thats normal for me anyway, I have always loved my bed!!

I didn't want to say this because I know that some people are really struggling and I didn't want to rub their noses in it, but I still have absolutely loads of energy, which I think is down to still being able to sleep all night.

I get a bit of back-ache now and then and my tail bone is still very sore, but apart from that, I'm doing really well.

As much as I am looking forward to meeting my little man, I'm really enjoying having him in my tummy and I will miss it

Sarah, no need to think this would be annoying to anyone, this is life and we are all different, and handle things differently. That's what this forum is for!!! and thank god for it, right!!!!

I love that we can all talk openly about our feelings, if we didn't it would not be fair to us or others.

I am glad you are feeling well - I can feel my tummy getting bigger though, its was most likely ligament pains all over today - (I am hoping that's what it is LOL)

Luv, Tineke

This site has been absolutely brilliant.

It has opened my eyes to all the different pregnancies people have.

It has helped me to understand all my niggles and to be grateful that I could have had so many more.

I will be so sympathetic to all pregnant women for the rest of my life now. It really is very hard work to be pregnant, even if you don't have long lists of ailments.

Pregnancy is certainly interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back