Interesting news article in support of blw

Yes heard it on our local radio news this morning too. Now maybe people will stop thinking it is a weird and new fangled fad form of feeding!

:yay: :) thank you for sharing!!

Oh, I just found a similar article and shared it on facebook so that all those people who doubted BLW would read it and stop saying things to me about it :lol:

Last edited:
its funny, i have only met people who are in support of it?!! my HV in particular is a huge fan.

thats a really interesting article and for those people who have friends/family who think blw is a weird 'hippy' way to parent i think its brilliant. I spose for me it just seems like another article to make parents feel potentially guilty about how they feed their child (just a minor gripe with it). But i can see how its a good supporting basis for those BLW'ing who have found some people being funny with it!!!

xx

thats a really interesting article and for those people who have friends/family who think blw is a weird 'hippy' way to parent i think its brilliant. I spose for me it just seems like another article to make parents feel potentially guilty about how they feed their child (just a minor gripe with it). But i can see how its a good supporting basis for those BLW'ing who have found some people being funny with it!!!

xx

I agree! It's hard to go "yay - BLW!" as you know it will make TW Mummies feel bad...! The politics of Mummyhood x

xx

I agree! It's hard to go "yay - BLW!" as you know it will make TW Mummies feel bad...! The politics of Mummyhood x

Hmm, I'd never shout about it face to face, but I put it on Facebook, because I know there was a bit of, disbelief, shall we say (the Nicest way to say!) about it When I started.

i know what you mean some people still try and feed j from a spoon (and hes 16 months) xxxx

xx

Hmm, I'd never shout about it face to face, but I put it on Facebook, because I know there was a bit of, disbelief, shall we say (the Nicest way to say!) about it When I started.

I just don't say much full stop. I know a couple of Mummy friends who have babies the same age who are TW-ing and have been from 4-5 months old etc I feel like if I post the link it's a bit of a dig which, obviously it isn't - it's me saying, "look, what I'm doing isn't bonkers!" But I know some of them might feel like I was knocking their decision to TW - if that makes sense? x

I pasted the link but said - " for anyone interested in blw" because I also think there is a bit of fear of the unknown with it :)

I said this, Rather than something a bit crude like, "look! My baby won't get fat!". (that was a joke, before I get all sorts of comments...)

I pasted the link but said - " for anyone interested in blw" because I also think there is a bit of fear of the unknown with it :)

I said this, Rather than something a bit crude like, "look! My baby won't get fat!". (that was a joke, before I get all sorts of comments...)

Hahaha! My Mummy mates would think I was saying exactly that!

Tbh I don't care and I still say 'yay-BLW' in front of parents who tw as that's what they chose to do and if they're comfortable in their choice, as I am in my choice to blw, then they won't care either. I don't get offended if someone says that they've decided to tw and if they rave about it-that's their opinion.

Thanks for sharing. I've already had a few raised eyebrows about my choice to wait until Kynon is 6 months and to do BLW, esp as Kynon is a big hungry boy, people seem to think he won't get enough and don't really understand it

Thanks for sharing. I've already had a few raised eyebrows about my choice to wait until Kynon is 6 months and to do BLW, esp as Kynon is a big hungry boy, people seem to think he won't get enough and don't really understand it

I get the same reaction!!

My parents don't agree at all and think its weird and we'll damage him if we give him solids!! Luckily my mil witnessed blw first hand with my sil and nephew and it was so successful she is really sold on the idea so I have support from the inlaws! I went to a mother & baby group today and all of them were tw, they were asking me what I feed my Lo and I said i bf as I'm waiting to blw at 6 mth and I could tell they thought I was weird I felt a bit isolated for rest of the session. You'd think as we all know how hard it is to be a mummy we would be on each others side regardless of method!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back