Intense pressure in cervix area!? 37+4 weeks...

fiverebeccas

Reaction score
hi ladies...

just looking to see if anyone is experiencing something similar or can offer any advice?

so yesterday morning i woke up and went to the toilet to find that my mucus plug had came away, there wasn't really anything else that happened i had a couple of pains here and there but that was it... this morning i have woken up and been sick a couple of times and also had some diarrhoea and have decided to just rest in bed today - every 5 minutes or so i keep feeling what i can only describe as an intense pressure round about my cervix area? there is absolutely no pain and it keeps coming and going. i don't have any appointments or anything scheduled until next Thursday which is with the consultant to decide which date i am going to have her as she has already said they won't be letting me go past my due date (16/10/16) as she is such a big baby! at my appointment last week the midwife and consultant estimated she was around 7+half pounds already and by my due date she will be around 10 pounds (it is not fluid, she is genuinely a big baby)... has anyone experienced anything similar or going through similar at the moment? they said i can pretty much go at any time now and i am so uncomfortable :( haven't felt this pressure so intense before though...

Hey could just be baby engaging, i feel like ive a bowling ball in my pelvis, im walking funny and everything lol. Ive been having just sharp pains every so often down below but I've had a few irregular contractions to go with. Have you a maternity assessment unit or anything to ring just if you were worried? They are very reassuring. I don't see consultant until Tuesday (I wont be going to due date either baby was 7+ pounds at 35 weeks!) But naterniy unit have been great.

Last edited:
I know exactly how you feel I feel the same! I do have the maternity assessment units number but I'm not too worried as of yet since I haven't really felt any pains... so fed up now just want something to happen lol! looks like we are both having big babies then :) it's kind of reassuring that at least I won't be going past the due date so worst case scenario she will be here before or on the 16th lol X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back