Insomnia!

kellylou

Reaction score
Anyone else struggling to sleep? I know I need to but just cannot sleep at all and its at least 2 before I can drop off.

Yep have this problem every night then I wake up lots either to drink or wee or just because I do. I'm only 17 weeks think it's only going to get worse as I go on xx

Ugh YES I get severe insomnia every pregnancy! I thought maybe I'd avoided it this time but it just started with a vengeance 2 nights ago. It's the worst!

Yep, I'm 29 weeks and have had it for the last month. Staying awake most nights till about 4 or 5 and then I'll sleep. Been signed off work due to it, can't safely work 12 hour shifts after no sleep. I expected this nearer the end but not this early. Think mine is all psychological as I'm still quite comfortable in bed which is more frustrating!

Had it really bad weeks 7-15ish - going to sleep easy enough first time, but then waking 4 or 5 times a night, or waking at 2am and not being able to sleep at all after that.

I'm 19 weeks now and things have improved (waking 2 or 3 times a night and usually going back to sleep okay), but I'm still not sleeping like I used to. I miss my 8-9 hour sleeps :(

Mines only really kicked in since 34 weeks I think it must be due to acid reflux and the fact I feel so heavy around my middle. When baby moves now I literally shudder it's that forceful

I went to bed at 10 been up since 1.55 woke to use the loo now im wide awake. Recently it's been like this alot after 3 hrs or so I'm up. I'm annoyed as I go back to work today after 2 weeks and it's a long long day of boring training which I'd struggle with even after a good night's sleep. X

What is the reason that it starts so early? Ia it going to ease, or just get worse? I expected it later on, but it's just so ridiculous at the moment

I'm much earlier along than you guys but it's not so much insomnia than just not being able to get comfortable with my boobs! Then when I finally do I need the loo! X

I'm really struggling to sleep at the moment, last night was awful, but I'm really surprised it doesn't effect me as much as I thought. Can do a full day at work and still feel ok come 530

I have it bad at the moment too.... Last week or so has not been a good sleeping week and not really a chance to nap in the day lately either! Grr! I had it with S but I was much further along than this! Xx

I wasnt as tired earlier on with ds but don't remember struggling to sleep. I've trief going to bed early and here I am wide awake

Is it insomnia when you can't sleep at night but can during the day? �� Don't know why my sleep pattern is so messed up, when I am awake during the day I walk round like a zombie not wanting to do anything and at night I can't do the jobs I need to do as I would keep my hubby and neighbor up! Useless wife award! 39 weeks and can't wait for my baby to be here now!

I've suffered with insomnia for years well up until the last year or so when I've been ok.
I felt so poorly I went to bed at 5.30pm and slept until 10 ish been awake since! I've just got up as I can't bare listening to husband snore anymore. Only 3hrs 30 till work

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back