Insomnia as an early pregnancy sign?

Lewa

Reaction score
It's 3.40am and I just can't fall asleep! Went to bed around midnight, DH and I talked a little, bd'd and after that I just couldn't fall asleep. I've been counting sheep, focusing on my breathing etc. Probably got up around 3.15 because there was just no point in my lying there not sleeping. I'm between 4 and 8 DPO (0 days since positive OPK, but temp rise occured 4 days after that).

I usually don't fall asleep right away, but it's never like this!!

Googled it and seems like some women experience it, but it seems to often be a bit later, and more due to frequent urination, napping during the day, worrying about being pregnant etc. I just can't sleep and as far as I know I'm not really stressing about anything! (I'm symptomspotting and stressing a lot less now than previous months for example.)

Have you or anyone you known experienced anything similar in very early pregnancy??

Thanks!

hi im sorry but ive never experienced this or known anyone else to as it tends to make your more sleepy becuse your heart is working etc hard,

i maybe wrong though and other women may have had it but personally ive never heard this.

maybe you are a little stressed about ttc which is a def cause of insomnia and also a good factor in why women dont get pregnant.

try and relax and even spray something lavender scented onto your pillows at night to help you sleep

good luck anyway xxx

I got this but I tend to stay awake if I'm fretting for any reason, now I can't keep my eyes open so I guess it's sort of cured lol x

I've had that this cycle... Last 3-4 days... I'm tired but can't sleep at night just toss and turn... Been exhausted at work and going bed early but sleep for a couple of hours and the toss and turn till morning.... :(

i had this :dance: but i wouldn't say insomnia...just had awful trouble getting comfy! i tossed and turned for hours before falling asleep! now it's the opposite, im struggling to stay awake after 9-10 hours sleep :rofl: FX for you hun. x x x x

:dust: :dust:

Last edited:
i had this the other day didn't get to sleep till 4.30! then had to get up at 7 with my 1 year old zzz, i think it a was a bit too early for me though, as i was only 2dpo lol, fingers crossed for you though, have you had any other symptons? xx

Yes it is a pregnancy symptom.
I can't say I have had it though, because I am so tired I fall asleep in a second.
Although last night I did struggle for a while to get to sleep, not like me! xxx

hmm.. that sounds promising then! Other symptoms would be nausea and headaches and some kind of pain/uncomfort in lower abdomen, some EW cm a couple of days in a row now (I'm possibly between 7 and 9 dpo atm). Yesterday I was incredibly nauseous, on the verge of throwing up, but then again I had only slept 4 hours the previous night and missed a flight because my bag with passport, wallet and cell got lost and or stolen on the bus on the way to the airport.. so the stress of dealing with that could cause nausea I guess! Still a bit nauseous today after a good 11 hours sleep though :p I don't have any hpt's here, but do have some left over OPK's.. so I thought maybe I should try and see if I get a line on those :p

Sorry to hear about your bag. It really sucks when stuff like that happens. I had my iPhone lifted outta my bag during the Xmas sales. I didn't speak to anyone for days because I knew I was in a proper mood and didn't want to offend anyone.

Glad you feel better after a good sleep.

Sorry to hear about that hun, hope things look up soon.
I struggled to sleep again last night :( xxx

yeah well, stuff like that happens... I didn't have any money, in there, the phone was old and handed down from a friend, cheap fabric bag bought on sale and luckily lap top and camera was in my back pack... I have an emergency passport and we got some reasonably cheap flights booked now, so it's all good under the circumstances.

Took an OPK a little while ago out of curiosity, and it's not as dark as control line (only on the edge) but a lot darker than it was right after ovulation.... Maybe it's picking up some hcg?? Will post a pic later, hubby just called for me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back