injection or iud/coil

I had the coil fitted.... was dreading but it was just a bit uncomfortable. and i had a c section and had not dialated.
Had a copper one put in, not the hormone one, as i had not heard good things aboout it.
Its in now and its fine... :D

After I had Tia... I had the injection... While is was basically good.. i do remember it basically destroying my sex drive.... I literally had none... the thought of sex made me feel sick.... and apparently they are looking at the injection as a form of rehabilitation for sex offenders because of this.

When I met DH I wanted to make sure that I had a form of permanent contraception which would prevent pregnancy, not interfere with sex. and I went for the IUD mirena coil (the one with hormone) because I'd not heard such good things about the copper ones :rotfl:

My coil was great, but it did hurt having it put in and taken out. Once I had it out I got pregnant really quick, so be warned. I've heard a lot of women seem to loose them too regardless of their type (hormone or copper)... Also it costs a fortune and isn't provided on the NHS here in Spain so I will have to seriously consider my options after this baby is born. :think:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back