Injection advice

beanie

Reaction score
Seren has her injections tomorrow in the afternoon. Am a bit worrie as I have heard it can cause fever etc. Does anyone have any advice for me, how can I help her, what I can expect etc. Would be very grateful for any advice xx

hiya!!!

Thomas has had his today and he has been sooooooooooooooooo grumpy!!!! He screamed his head off from 11 am till 3 pm!!!! He wanted constant feeding ( most of it was comfort) then I took him for a walk in his pram, he fell asleep and was better after that.

Buy some calpol in case Seren develops fever, you can find this in Boots or pharmacy.

But most of all, do not expect to do anything during the day, it took me 4 hours to wash the pots from start to finish lol But maybe Seren will react totally different and might be an angel :)

futuremum said:
But maybe Seren will react totally different and might be an angel :)

Hmm I won't get my hopes up too much. Poor Thomas, I hope he feels better tomorrow, I am so nervopus about it but am trying not to be as she will pick up on that. Thanks for the Calpol tip, will go to Boots tomorrow to get some before hand.

The calpol you need is the 2+ months suspension, I buy it in sachets.
I gave Damien 2.5ml about an hour after his jabs, then another 2.5ml 4 hours later just to cover him. Bit hard to give to a baby off a spoon, we use syringes but a bottle teat will do if you struggle with a spoon.

Some HV's say don't give it unless they get ill, some say take it just incase. Mine left it up to me but I preferred to be covered. He was grouchy all day afterwards still and wanted lots of cuddles.

They do the jabs in the tops of their legs, 1 in each leg. Damien screamed when they did it but calmed down quickly after a cuddle. Then we had to wait for 10minutes in reception just incase he reacted to it.

Roll on 12 weeks jabs :roll:

Brody had his unexpectedly yesterday!
He was booked in for his 8 week check and on the phone they said they wouldn't be able to do the jabs till wednesday, but then they changed their mind when I was there so I had no calpol etc.

He was pretty much fine, no temp, a bit grouchy at tea-time but the rest of the day he was normal. I did try to give him calpol straight out of the sachet after the jabs (as I was already out for the day and had no spoon) he just spat it out though!

as i had a reaction to my whopping cough when i had it my GP was worried bout braydon incase he did so to make sure he was ok after ward and to make the pain more beriable if possible was to give him calpol 1 hour before and some more 3 hours after and again in 4 hours if needed

my nurse suggested this wen we were there to

With Jamies first set of jabs he was very miserable afterwards and slept for most of the day and night!! (when he wasnt sleeping he was crying!!) so he had some calpol in the evening.
With the 2nd and 3rd lot Jamie was absolutely fine, didnt even cry much when he had them done, wasnt grumpy,sleepy or anything,just hes usual self. so didnt need calpol for the last 2. I would definitely buy some thou just in case!

I cried more than she did!!! :shock: :oops: :shock:

She is doing really well apparently, is putting on weight in accordace with the 91st percentile, and is a tall girl. She screamed when they put the injections in, but calmed down wen I fed her. At the rate I'm going any more crying at the docs and they will be locking me up. Thanks for all your replies, am armed with calpol and we shall see how things go.

Coby has got his in a couple of weeks.

Im a wimp, my friend does the jabs for me, she took Charlie and Ethan, and now shes taking Coby too lol.

I stand waiting outside the room, armed with a bottle and hugs :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back