Information for all

charlie26

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

well i went to the mw yesterday, she said i should be used to my babys movements by now and recoise a pattern.
I said yes i am, she said if my baby moves less i need to contact the hospital for advise.
There has been a case where a woman didnt feel her baby move much but used her doppler at home and as she heard the hb she thought everything was ok, sadly the baby died.

I DONT WANT TO SCARE ANYONE!!

Just thought id share the information, i know i wont be using my doppler from now on. Better to be safe than sorry xxxx

Its a good point, when they say count movements thats what people should do.

On a side note most of my movements are at night I'm gonna be up all night with a screaming child I feel.

Well my lo is still awake and kicking after 11.30 at night when i go to sleep. I think i will be awake most nights aswell by the looks of it xx

i worry bout movements al the time, as with my 1st i got to third trimester and he hardly moved at all i tried all the things to get him going like ice cold drinkk bath etc and nothing, hosp monitored me and said baby was fine but would like to keep an eye on me as baby was small and there is a chance he could stop growing!!

i was in hospital every week being monitored, and scanned had steroid injections too as they said in some cases the babies get distressed with lack of movement etc and they may have to deliver early, i stayed under consultant care for the rest of the pregnancy..happy to say baby was fine and a healthy 6lb 13 although hosp thinks its a little small for me, and they believe that is the reason why he got distressed in labour which resulted in emergency section

hosp now keep an eye on me with all my preganancy, but would go with the advice of others if movements lessen call the hosp they are their to reassure and look after you, and might end up helping you!! dont feel silly just call them i did :) xx

Last edited:
Usually, putting the doppler on makes my LO kick at it, so that alone reassures me. Seems to annoy him and wake him up a bit :D

I was told that even counting the
Movements isn't really recommened - if you normally have a really active baby and it slows right down you should get checked out even if your over the 10.

I have quite a lazy baby so mine are always a smaller number anyway, but it's obviously normal for us.

Xxx

I was told its always less then average, even if thats more than 10. I have also been told about the doppler thing. Sometimes I have a lazy baby and other times I have an active baby. xx

Well my lo is still awake and kicking after 11.30 at night when i go to sleep. I think i will be awake most nights aswell by the looks of it xx

Mines the same hes up from 9-12 every night!!!! Hes generally quieter in the day but has a little wake up in the afternoon. I am paranoid about movements cos my son stopped and when I went up I had lost my waters in the bath without knowing and he was delivered by emergency c-section because his heart rate dropped!!!!

Its good for us all to be aware of what to look for and thats what the hospital is there for. I know if i get worried i wont hesitate to contact the hospital xxx

I struggle with this because baby doesn't seem to have a pattern. If I don't feel something by the afternoon I think I would give them a buzz though, better to be safe than sorry!

yeah i had this issue at the weekend, had no kicks fromm fri to sunday but could hear hb normal on doppler but thanks to u girlies on here i did go up to the hospital and they went mad at me for waiting to long and like u said told me hb doen not mean anything baby acn still be in trouble

lucky all was ok with my LO but they gave me a bit of a fright

Albert doesn't really have a pattern either, he wakes up whenever I stop if that makes sense although he could be moving all the time I am too and I don't feel it. Cos his bum is sticking out I know he's facing the back and am only getting jerking movements rather than the more subtle ones at the moment. I've nearly rung them a few times and then he's gone mental lol

i cant really tell a pattern. shes active every hour or so and sometimes sleeps for a couple of hours but i only feel half what she does. on the doppler im not actually checking her hb anymore really im listening for movement, i can hear her kicks when i cant feel any iykwim? she always moves when ive been worried about not feeling her for a bit so ive not had to go the hosp so far but since i have a person in my immediate family who had a stillbirth at 35 weeks after not feeling movement for 3 days i know not to risk it. this only happened about 4 months ago so its really at the front of my mind most of the time. lol i worry about her moving a lot so if i had the slightest reason to think she had stopped id be down the hospital like a shot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back