Infertility Consult

Discussion in 'Trying to Conceive' started by Salley, Dec 27, 2016.

1. Salley

Salley Well-Known Member

Hey everyone! I reached out to my GP about believing I'm infertile--BTNP since May 2014, monitoring cm/cp/temp for 8 cycles. My GP put me in for a consult with a gyno about my infertility concerns. I'm not certain what VA actually does for infertility but I wanted to talk about it here to get some insight on questions I should ask? Are there certain tests that help me pinpoint what the problem may be? I'm a little excited, but knowing the VA it'll be a month before I even hear anything about an appointment. I always feel better when I feel like I'm doing something to help this process along.

Thanks!

#1 Salley, Dec 27, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 27, 2016
  2. MrsS15

MrsS15 Well-Known Member

Hi hun,

Glad you've spoken to your GP and fingers crossed this is the start to you getting some help. We had our appointment this month and we're going ahead with ivf at the start of next year. At our initial appointment we got asked how long we'd been trying, what we'd tried so far, if we use ovulation tests and take folic acid etc. She asked lifestyle questions then if we smoke drink etc. I've already had a lot of tests done by my GP so I took all the results of those, and also my husbands sperm test results. Because we've had these done already things are moving quicker. All they've done is 2 further blood tests! If you've had nothing done before they'll probably start with a series of blood tests, check AMH and ovulation etc. A pelvic ultrasound, maybe HSG. Your partner will need a sperm test too! I hope things move quickly for you xx

3. Salley

Salley Well-Known Member

Well I got the call today, March 27th! And that's just for the "hey I'm having problems" talk. The lady said something about another appointment right after but she didn't explain what it was for. I asked if I was doing blood work and she said no... Hopefully one I get in to seeing this doctor things move more quickly.

4. MoominGirl

MoominGirl Well-Known Member

Glad to hear you're getting some support. Even if march feels like ages away I'm sure it will come round sooner than you think! Totally get what you mean when you talk about doing something to help the process. I've been trying to get into a similar mindset and it is really helping.

5. Sunflower1

Sunflower1 Well-Known Member

The blood tests should point out if there are problems. They are a start...there are other tests to see if you are ovulating etc. They'll probably ask about your cycle too. It's nice to find out what's going on in there. I hope it goes well.