infacol?

melhoney

Reaction score
Sorry, again a question:

Is infacol REALLY safe for newborns??? :shock: My little girl is only 1 week and 4 days old, but she has loads and loads of gaz trapped in her tummy, and though I find her very brave when she tries to push it out in her nappy, it hurts me so much to see her in such pain! I have tried different positions, etc, but nothing seems to help much! she had that from her 2nd day in hospital!
It now ruins her sleep completely! And she always seems to be hungryu, which might be because of the gaz, no?

And if infacol is safe, how do you give it? my english is not that good, and on the box, it says a full dropper (wht's that!?) straight in the mouth of baby!!!!! :shock: REALLY????????
or can you mix it with water? or with formula?

Oh, help me please, I can't bear to see Maheen in so much pain! poor little thing, it seems to be getting worse and worse, and I can't help her! What a mother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry:

Mel xx

hi hun,

it is perfectly safe so dont worry.

you can put a full drop load in to her bottle if your not comfy with putting it in her mouth.

i have used it with Coby since birth, it does ease and help with wind alot :)

xx

Not sure you can add it to their formula Layla? :?:

Phoebe has had it since birth and she is fine. The dropper comes with the Infacol and is tiny melhoney. Really easy to pop into their mouth.

It is Sugar and Alcohol free so shouldn't be bad for them. :lol:

I was told not to add it to bottles too.

Infacol is perfectly safe though so dont worry! :D

oo im not sure then, my HV said it was ok to add to bottles,

its anoying that they all say different things!

Hi Mel...Charlotte is exactly the same, its horribe to watch their little faces isnt it?
I started with infacol 2 days ago, it is starting to work now.
The 'dropper' is in the lid. Just suck up some medicine and squirt it in to their mouth, i was told not to add to bottles either....it is rediculous the amount of conflicting advice we get given isnt it??
I hope it will take effect soon. good luck xx

Thanks girls,

I have started with infacol this afternoon, I really hope it will help her! It has completely disturbed her sleeping and eating pattern...just when I thought we were getting there!!!!!! :cry:

Now, she does not have a single good sleep for the whole day and when before she was waking up every 4 hours, now it's every 2!!!!!!!!! :evil:

I am getting really stressed about it all, I would like her to get some sleep as much as us, really!
I don't get to see my husband anymore as he watches over her till midnight and then I take over, so he goes to sleep ahen I wake up and vice-versa!!!!

How did you manage???????

Mel xx

melhoney said:
Thanks girls,

I have started with infacol this afternoon, I really hope it will help her! It has completely disturbed her sleeping and eating pattern...just when I thought we were getting there!!!!!! :cry:

Now, she does not have a single good sleep for the whole day and when before she was waking up every 4 hours, now it's every 2!!!!!!!!! :evil:

I am getting really stressed about it all, I would like her to get some sleep as much as us, really!
I don't get to see my husband anymore as he watches over her till midnight and then I take over, so he goes to sleep ahen I wake up and vice-versa!!!!

How did you manage???????

Mel xx

Aww Brody went through a phase when he really stuggled with his wind too. Luckily it was over in a couple of weeks. Now when he struggles we can give him Gripe water, which works a treat. It's a shame you have to wait till they're 4 weeks cos I found it really effective and infacol only works properly when you give it every feed and the effect of it builds up over a week or so.
I was rubbish at remembering to give it, with gripe water you can give it as and when you need it so it suits us better :)

Jessica had infacol from 2 days old she had such a poorly tummy it used to make me cry to wath her in souch pain. Ufortunately infacol did not work so my midwife recommended colief, they sell it in boots and you just put 2 drops in each bottle, its fantastic stuff. Expensive though.

thanks
is colief ok for newborn?
she hasn't slept all afternoon, it's getting really abd, even though she does poo ok! but the gaz in her stomack is horrendous! poor thing!
mel xx

Have you tried any baby massage?

If you massage her tummy in a clockwise direction it can help move the wind and bile down through the colon.

Yea, I have tried but she screams when I try t massage her tummy! I can massage all rest of thebody ok, esp back, but tummy she won't let me! :cry:

It must be so painful for her! She has finally fallen asleep one hour ago, after only taking 70ml of formula...she usually drinks 100ml/120ml!!!! :shock:

She must be nackered, she hasn't slept for a full 12 hours and has cried a lot as well!
I am sure there is something wrong but she has no temperature, and midwife just said she was lovely and crying is what babies do!!!!!!!!! :roll:

The HV is coming tomorrow for the first time, I hope she will be more helpful!

mel xx

Yes melhoney you can use colief from birth, its great stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back