Infacol

AmyQ

Reaction score
I've started Evan on infacol as I am beginning to run out of ideas as to what is causing his evening screaming. I don't think it is trapped wind as such, he is bf and always seems to be burping and farting with no problems.

I know infacol takes a while to work, so realistically if it were to help how soon would I see a difference?

I would ask my HV but they don't work in their office or return calls.

Thanks ladies xx

Could there be something in your diet causing the wind? Caffeine, fizzy drinks, gassy vegetables?
As for infacol, I found after about 3 days it made a bit of a difference but in the end I cut out all the gassy foods and didn't need it.
I found at 6 weeks and 12 weeks mine went through a terrible growth spurt where I used to dread the hours 5-8pm as they would be her feeding frenzy/screaming hours. Could yours be going through the same thing?
X

I noticed a difference within a day but I also cut out a few things in my diet that I've noticed cause him discomfort. Garlic bread, chocolate, spicy food and mushy peas. I only use infacol at every third feed now. I started using it at about 2 weeks. X

I noticed a big difference after 48 hours Amy. JJ was more settled and completely stopped arching his back / stretching out whilst screaming xx

I'd say your LO is at the age where if it was colic you would see an improvement. So I'd be tempted to look at other options.

I gave my LO infacol and it made no difference. He tried him on dentinox drops and colief which seemed to be better. Colief is not cheap though and would be an absolute nightmare for breastfeeding cos it has to be put into the milk in advance! It turns out though my LO's evening screaming was nothing to do with colic. It was combination of him being over tired and reflux. He was terrible for napping and once I started helping him to nap more we saw a huge improvment in his evening crying. We also found out he has reflux after a spell of crying, arching his back and refusing his feeds. Since getting that under control he's like a different baby, hardly ever cries.

Is your LO showing any signs of teething at all by the way? It was about 12 weeks my LO started with that and if he's having a bad day with it, he's a million times worse at night.

It's definitely not my diet as I cut out all the bad stuff when he was 4 weeks.

Not sute it's a growth spurt as he has not been sleeping or feeding more than usual.

Don't think he's teething but it's impossible to tell. He is a nightmare for napping though and been trying to sort that out for weeks now

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back