Inductions with a pessary still painful?

Corrinne37

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
Just wondering of anyones knowledge or experience of having a pessary induction, does it JUST make the cervix soft to encourage labour rather than pump body with artificial hormones like the hormonal drip (which I have had and was horrid and really dont want again!!)
Just wondering my options if it comes to be induced, pessary sounds much kinder ... is it?? :oooo:

I was induced with pessery and it just softens and thins the cervix out to get labour started.
I needed 2 of them xx

I had this, it does hurt a bit when they put it in but it's bare-able.
They were able to break my waters after 24hrs but not easily. Xx

Tapatalking. X

I had it and it was fine- but uncomfortable as it was put in, but not painful

I started labour around 4 hours later, and at my hospital they were happy to leave my waters to break naturally, which they did around 9 hours after the pessary was put in

I went in to be induced with the pessary i had 3 of them none of which worked after 4 days in hospital i ended up having an emergancy section :-( x

They have stopped doing the pessary at my hospital now and do the gel they have 2 different strengths and let you go 4 hours between doses and give you up to 3 does before putting you on the drip xx

I had a pessary with ds2 and i had a few dull aches but that was it, but it made it possible for my waters to be broken the same day after which contractions started and I had him 90 mins later xxx

I had a pessary with ds2 and i had a few dull aches but that was it, but it made it possible for my waters to be broken the same day after which contractions started and I had him 90 mins later xxx

wow 90 min later! thats brilliant! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back