Induction

twinkle90

Reaction score
Anyone here who had an induction with their first baby and also had one with their second? How long did your 2nd induction take? I had a failed induction with my 1st , ended up having the drip. I'm booked in to have an induction on Wednesday with my 2nd. x

I haven't had one the first time and then the second, my first one was a natural birth at 38 weeks. Second baby was induction at 38 weeks.
I got the gel at half 9am and baby was here by 7.25. I think they use the pessary now though which is a lot slower than the gel x

I've just had an induction twinkle & it honestly turned out to be a fab experience. I too had the gels and found the contractions built up just like natural labour. After slight observations I was left to shower, be active and even got a water birth :)

'Active' labour (from 5cm) was only 3.5 hours and my first labour was 3 days!!

Was your 2nd induction process quicker than the first?

1st time - had the drip as was passing muconium from drip went in to birth was 11hrs found it ok once had heat packs for backache and diamorphine contractions did get bit intense but they turned the drip down

2nd time - 24hr pessary put in at 1030am but 1450 i could feel a storm brewing tried to go a wander but cudny stay upright so got on exercise ball for a bit and by 5pm i knew aomething was starting so was put back on the monitor and things went from there just after 8 it was decided the pessary would be removed to try an stop labour but it didnt work neither did gtn spray an an injection of something mw was about to spk to doc to try something else wen my watees went at 9.30pm gas n air was brilliant this time but by midnight i was begging for diamorphine wish i hadnt as merida was born just over an hour later i went from 1cm dilated at midnight to her shooting out at 0104 and pardon the rude expression but she "ripped me a new arsehole" on her way out

Ul be fine hun my body just aeems to b very sensitivf to medixation xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back