Induction tomorrowwwwww eeeeek

Lolipop900

Reaction score
Hey ladieeeeees

40+3 today due for induction tomorrow ! - they've given me a leaflet thing about it but until I actually go I'm not really sure what's going to happen...

I had the drip with my first but only because natural labour started and slowed down....

If they give me the pessary, will they send me home after or will I have to stay in hospital from that point until after birth?

Anyone have any experiences of inductions? I'm intrigued and also, it's like Christmas Eve right now I'm so excited (and terrified) finally going to have my little girly within the next few days ! :dance:

Some hospitals trialed going home but standard guidelines/practice is that once they start induction you have to stay in til you deliver. It increases risks for you & baby so they prefer you to be in so they can monitor you.

Good luck!!

My hospital kept me in. Once they start induction they have to finish. It was horrible for me and ended in a section but baby is one week old now and I'm so glad she is here. It was her positioning which made everything so hard for me. You will be ok buy you will likely be in hospital till you have the baby. Xx

Induction doesn't have to be an ordeal or take a long time. I've been induced twice now at 12 days overdue and both my babies were born quickly. If I had been sent home after having the pessary my babies would've been born at home! Good luck! xx

They'll give you the pessary and they won't send you home again til baby arrives. They'll leave it in for 24 hours (depending on trust policy) then likely get you to take it out yourself the next day then re-assess you. Then, if possible they'll break your waters then see if labour established itself. If it doesn't they'll look to put you on an oxytocin drip . God luck :) X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back