induction tomorrow morning......very scared

xnicolaxcx

Reaction score
im being induced tomorow morning at half past 7 n im so scared :( :( :( i cant sleep or eat im really panicking!

everyone keeps saying stuff like good luck ur going to need it, its going to really really hurt u know......its making me even worse!

i dont know if its beacuse im going to be waiting for it to happen or just the whole thing of knowing im going to have a baby tomorow.

the last few weeks iv been so excited but now im absolubtly terrified!

im getting myself into a state over stupid little things like...iv not held a baby sinse i was 10, dressing him, changing his nappy....i keep thinking the nurses will shout at me - i know they wont but like i say im panicking about silly things.

can anyone tell me what they will do? how long does it usually take for you to go into labour?

im also really scared about the stay in hospital aswell if i have to stay. iv never stayed in hospital before and im really worried about it :(
like in the night if i need a wee...do i just leave the baby? is there a nurse or someone there that i can get if i need them?

i hope someone can reasure me because im absolubtly bobing my pants! :cry:

You'll be absolutely fine! You'll have to take a pill to start you off and it should be fairly gradual. Don't panic as the midwives are there to help you out and reassure you all the time. It's such a magical experience that any pain will soon be forgotten! Do you have a birthing partner who's going with you?

yeah my mum is comming with me when i first go in and the babys dad is comming when im in labour. me and him arnt together no more and my mum and him REALLY dont get on so im worried about them aswell even thought iv told them both that i want nothing said you can cut the atmosphere with a knife so im kinda stressing about that aswell. :?

:hug:

Some people have baby within an hour of induction, for others it's a few days (3 for me), and you WILL be fine.

Of course it's going to hurt, childbirth does. But it's the best pain ever, and pretty soon you'll be holding the little person you've been waiting the best part of a year for! How exciting is that?

Forget about your mum and your BD, this is all about you and your LO. You've got a job to do, let them look after themselves (and you!)

Good Luck, we'll be waiting for your good news xxxx

Just wanted to say good luck and you will be fine and just think you will be holding your baby very soon :D

Minxy said:
:hug:

Some people have baby within an hour of induction, for others it's a few days (3 for me), and you WILL be fine.

Of course it's going to hurt, childbirth does. But it's the best pain ever, and pretty soon you'll be holding the little person you've been waiting the best part of a year for! How exciting is that?

Forget about your mum and your BD, this is all about you and your LO. You've got a job to do, let them look after themselves (and you!)

Good Luck, we'll be waiting for your good news xxxx

Minxy is right.. Childbirth hurts... but if it was as bad as people make it out to be... do you think there would be those of us doing it again?.. :) Once you are in labour, your body will know what to do and you'll be out of it really... it's an odd sensation.

How long your labour is depends... no one can say... it could be a few hours or a few days, but the midwives will be there to help you all the way through. And they will watch you and monitor you. They might shout at you, to get you to push harder.... but they are doing it for you and your baby, and it really motivates you when they do.... the mw's have done this a 1000x and they are very experienced.

Don't be afraid to express your needs or desires either... If your ex and your mum are having "issues" kick em out until they can resolve it (don't worry they will resolve it quick too)... this is about you and your baby and if they don't like that then tough. I did labour alone for the most part... and my midwife was just as much support to me and I'd never met her before.

Once your baby is born.. you'll look back at it all and wonder what all the fuss was about... and you won't believe that you worried... you'll also realise that the pain and stress and fear was worth it and you'd do it all again for that precious child of yours.

The most important thing is to not panic.. the more you panic the worse it will be... stay calm, trust your mum and and the midwives that they will look out for you.... and stay focused on your baby.... :hug: :hug: :hug:

thanks everyone i know im just being silly really and will look back and think what was i so worried about.
i will let everyone know how i get on and post some pictures of little one on here once i have him home! :D :D :D

Wow, this time tomorrow you might be bholding your little one :hug:

Best of luck, I hope everything is going to be fine :pray: hopefully you'll be the one reassuring the rest of us soon!!! :D

you will be fine hun
like the others have said, yes it wil hurt but its the best pain u will ever feel and once your holiding your baby the pain is gona b a long distant memory! just think this time tomorrow you could be a mummy holding your little baby :)
best of luck hun
xxx

Good luck honey, you will be fine :hug: :hug: :hug: I remember feeling exactly how you did, but honest it'll be ok xx

Good luck hun, I'm being induced tomorrow too at 8am. :hug: :hug:

I've pm'd you.

Not long to wait now. I know it is scary, I'm being induced Saturday, but don't worry about the unimportant things. Concentrate on letting yourself go with what ever happens when you are there. No matter what you need to do you'll do it for your baby and yourself, you'll get there. Good luck, and have a fantastic time giving birth to your baby! You'll remember it forever! x

awwww good luck, you may be well on your way by now, or knowing the nhs your still waiting around lol

were all thinking of you, cant wait to see pics!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back